1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 410 Progressive Reloader

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Mike-n-CA, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike-n-CA

Mike-n-CA Member

0   0   0

Looking to buy an older progressive 410 reloader, can be 650, grabber or ?, familiar with MEC, but open to other brands. Might consider a single stage but really looking for a progressive machine. Can pm or use email address below my name.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    construcmd@aol.com

2. AdamsRibs

AdamsRibs TS Member

0   0   0

You're looking in the right direction. I would not ask for a fully auto
    progressive like a MEC 9000 (assuming you want to stay with MEC)because
    those little hulls are not very forgiving. It is extremely easy to mess
    one up and end up with shot/powder spilled in the loader. The Grabber is
    easy to "reverse" and remove all the partly loaded hulls from. Then the
    loader can be cleaned up (again, easier with the Grabber than the 9000)
    and reloaded with the partly loaded hulls. Cleaned up, and away you go.
    The Grabber is a very good choice, IMHO. Others will jump on this post
    with all kinds of reasons to go with a PW or other high-end loader. So
    be it, not all of us (especially us old geezers) can afford such
    extravegant stuff. Not only that, we don't NEED such stuff.....

Old Geezer AdamsRibs

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

If you really want to load lots of .410's invest in a P/W Platinum 2000 or 800 Plus. The long shell holders keep the thin .410 hull perfectly alligned. The only loaders that can do this with the .410 are the P/W and Spolar.

Jim Skeel

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Mike, there is a sizemaster in 410 on this site for sale right now in almost new shape. If you have never loaded the 410's before this is the right loader for you. They are a real pain in the backside to get the hang of when you first start. The sizemaster will still make the best shell of them all. Its a bit slower than the grabber, but for me its worth the extra time so I still use single stage for the 410. Hope this helps and Break-em all. Jeff

5. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If you want a fully progressive .410 loader look at the Hornady 366. It has a thick plate that holds the little .410 hulls more securely than the MEC models. I tried the MECs and had a lot of difficulty with spilled shot, misalignment of hulls with the powder/shot drop tube, drop tube pulling the wad out after the shot drop, etc. That pretty much went away with the 366.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.