1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 410 MEC RELOADER

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bob_K, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

A guy on shotgunworld is selling one. URL above.

2. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I have aMec JR MK V in like new with parts to do 2&1/2 & 3" 85.00 + shipping.

3. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

John,
    Just a suggestion....With a .410 reloader I would highly recommend getting one with a re-sizer. In the MEC line that would be the Sizemaster single stage or in the progressives that would be the Grabber or 9000. This is for two reasons:

1)I have had trouble with the decapping punch pulling the plastic hull out of the brass on the old winchester AAs this happens less frequently when they are resized.

2) .410 hulls are hard to come by so, I pick them up when I find them and hulls not fired in your gun should be resized especially for autos and pumps.

I have owned a 650 before and would recommend you spend the extra money and get the Grabber.

Good Luck,
    Scott

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

John, You were told correctly that the 410 grabber and 9000 will not reload the 3 inch 410 loads. If you are not going to buy new shells and shoot in only your one gun then you will need to get a sizemaster single stage loader to resize the brass. Or get the 650 and buy the seperate resizer that Mec sells to resize as a seperate operation. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

Also can not find info one way or the other that the 650 will do 3 inch shells or not. I't might not. You might want to find out for sure.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

As one who has loaded scads of 3" 410's, GET A SIZEMASTER!!!!

They load the best ammo, and resize the brass. With Remington brass, you can load a full 3/4 oz at 1200 fps!!! WW296 is the listed powder for this heaviest of loads for the wienie gun. This is a 35 yard game getter with the right chokes.

The old Lyman manual has this data. Copper plated 5's or 7 1/2's will do all a 410 can with this load.

6. oz

oz Active Member

the 650 comes with components to do 2 1/2 & 3. you just have to change them. takes about 5 minutes. oz

7. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I picked one up on e-bay that I am every happy with.

Ronbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.