1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 4 barrel Citori set

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My brother asked me to try and find him a Citori set with screw in chokes. I haven't called to check on it new but thought I would see if anyone had one available on TS.com. The companies I buy from don't carry any multi barrel sets but I know that I can do a dealer to dealer transfer close to cost and original dealer can get the percentage from Browning for profit. That would leave me having to charge 10 percent on sale for the bosses profit. A good used set will be good though. Jackie B.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The four barrel set is about the most fun gun one can own, but for the original purpose of four gauge Skeet, their day has long been gone. If your brother wants to shoot serious Skeet, find him a Tube Gun. Nothing else is even close!

3. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Browning has out a four barrel set in grade 1 and VII. Screw in chokes in all gauges. This is my grade VII...you can't have it. Gary L.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Hi Coach,
    I believe I purchased a reloader from you a couple of years ago and am still enjoying it. My brother has two different kinds of tube sets, one of the short ones and seems the other set is a companion set. I use a set in my 686 and I love them. My skeet scores have improved a good bit since I got them. My brother Duane is the rich one in the family and has all the fine guns with the funny hard to pronounce names but has decided he needs the Citori's. I kind of like him getting a set as when he tires of them he might sell them to me at a deal. I bought a BT-99 Micro pigeon with the gracoil for $1000.00 from him and have really enjoyed it. By the way, what would you recommend as a tube gun. Thanks for your reply. Jackie B.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

If I were going to buy a great tube gun I would look hard at the 30" Browning XS Skeet, or the 30" Cynergy Sporter.

Some folks are startled by the Cynergy's appearance. However, a trip to the range will make a believer out of you.

The "X" series is Browning's flagship in the Citori line. If you prefer a traditional Browning, I would highly recommend it. All the XS needs is tubes and bullets! The 525 and 625 have a full pistol grip, which is not my cup of tea.

As a Briley distributor, I would recommend the fitted Ultimate Ultralite Revolution tubes. There is a short learning curve to installing them, but they seem to digest the promo ammo floating around these days better than the Classics. You will be unlikely to shoot the 12 in Skeet after you shoot the Ultimate 20's. The Citori will need a conversion for the triggers to reset with the wienie gun. The Cynergy has a new, mechanical trigger.

If you are going to shoot other disciplines, I prefer the bore matched Angleport chokes over any. I am a Ballistic Specialties' distributor as well.

If I did not already have a K-80 set up the way I want it, I would be shooting a Browning over ALL the others.

My primary tournament arm is a Krieghoff, but I'll be switched if my Cynergy Sporter backup doesn't give it a run for the money!!!

6. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

You have mail.
    Mike Battista

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.