1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: 391 Bolt Closer Lever

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by henrims, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henrims

henrims Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Looking to buy a 391 bolt closer lever, like the Briley EZ Bolt Release or similar.
    Send PM if you have one you want to sell.
    Thank You

Mike

2. Bill Buffalo

Bill Buffalo Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have whatever color you would like of the Briley bolt closer. $50+3 shipping
    Billy

3. Macdaddy

Macdaddy Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

You would be wise to purchase the one that Angleport offers.

just my opinion

4. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have one if I can find it.I will look tomorrow.I think it came with a new 391 I had 4-5 yrs ago.?How does free sound?
    tracy

5. henrims

henrims Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Figures...I just sent off a check to a guy who had one for sale.
    But I'll take yours too for my other 391. Send me a PM if you find it.

Thanks.

Mike

6. skeetman77

skeetman77 Member

0   0   0

I have changed several angle port levers that broke. I hope you bought the BRILEY EZ LEVER!
    Good luck!
    Tom

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

He did buy the Briley and from a great guy.lol

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The first run of Angleport levers were cast and did break, the second run looked similar but were made of a much stronger steel alloy and DID NOT break. The third run (for about the past 5 years or so) were stainless steel and are the best closure on the market in my opinion because it offers more leverage being that it is longer than the Briley and therefor works better.

9. Macdaddy

Macdaddy Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

ya, what tron said

10. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I had an Anglreport closer on my 391 pigeon gun, kept closing while carrying from ring to ring. Took it off and put it on a 390 trapgun, works fine. The point is, that if you are carrying gun with your hand around receiver, you will close the bolt when you don't want to, i.e. sporting clays, flyers, etc. OK for a stationary game, 'tho.

11. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The folks at Angleport are some of the nicest people you would ever want to deal with. They were even replacing bolt closures for scum bags who CLAIMED that their closure was broken, even though they never had one in the first place. I tried warning them about this.

12. skeetman77

skeetman77 Member

0   0   0

That is good to hear. I love their (Angle Port) trigger boots. I only install the Briley EZ levers these days though. I guess the bottom line is whichever is the easiest for the shooter to have installed is the best. Both levers close the bolt with minimal effort by the shooter...
    Thanks,
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.