1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 390/391 release trigger

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Dickgshot, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I'm looking for a fast release trigger - possible 7 pound solid set, and 5 1/2 pound release, not much creep. Possibly with overtravel screw in
    trigger guard.

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

I have either trigger but the problem is that I am not sure you can get those pressures without some really special springs. Most conversions use the factory springs. The overtravel screw is not a big deal as when you set the trigger is is all the way back against the stop. Wait I got out my calculator. That is 112 ounces set and 60 release. I do not think you could come anywhere close to that. The trigger is mostly about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds set and about 1 3/4 to 2 pounds release.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I appreciate your advice, Joe. I was hoping to get something a lot faster than
    what I have. Pat Gottberg installs overtravel screws in 303 triggers, but you're right, it seems my 391 trigger is all the way back before it sets.

My 1100 trigger is very fast and I'm trying to get something close to it on my 391. Thanks

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

on the 1100 it is easy to replace the spring with a stronger spring and that makes it faster. The 1100 uses a hook that grabs the sear and pulls it back. The spring that you see on the top can be replaced to make it faster or slower. Make sure that you also replace the hammer spring as it does get weak. The same holds true for the beretta. People need to replace the hammer spring with the new style one to restore the hammer speed. Problem is that I do not think that springs are available for the beretta to speed it up. People can shape the release hook to make it a bit faster but it then gets to the edge that it might pull through or not set properly because the hook is too small on the hammer. You also know that the 303/390 assembly is different then the 391 but they are interchangeable but do not fit correctly but work fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.