1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB- .380 ACP brass

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by PARebel, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PARebel

PARebel Member

0   0   0

Looking for some .380 ACP brass. PM me with amount and price. Thanks, Lawson Rupert

2. PARebel

PARebel Member

0   0   0

3. PARebel

PARebel Member

0   0   0

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

just got some fron Starline

5. PARebel

PARebel Member

0   0   0

6. PARebel

PARebel Member

0   0   0

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

PM sent!!

8. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

0   0   0

You can trim .080" off 9mm Luger brass which is so plentyful most people just give it away. I make my 9X18 Makarov brass from this stuff and they work well, and cost exactly nothing except time to make.

9X17 (.380ACP) are easier as all you have to do is trim them to length and chamfer then load.

Rather than buy new brass then load I'd say just shoot and save your factory .380's, If you buy new unfired brass there is little to no advantage price wise to shooting factory as you probably aren't going to shoot a .380 that much anyway. And if you are going to shoot it that much, then the cut down 9MM's are definately the way to go, since they are usually free for the taking. 200 empties will last along time. You'll loose more than you tear up as .380's are so low pressure wise, they can just about be reloaded indefinately.

It takes about 10 seconds to trim a 9MM case to .380 length using a drill press and a Lee trim tool which costs $5. Use the table as the stop for the Lee tool, and make a simple clothes pin sytle tool to hold the case so it doesn't spin, and you're in business.

Try it, you'll like it.

Randy

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

The 9X19 case head is larger than the 380. Attempting to run it through a 380 size die will convince you.

Best bet is to go to The High Road for fired brass, or get in line at Starline for new brass.

BTW, Lawson loads great ammo.

10. PARebel

PARebel Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the good word, Shooting Coach ! 25 years as as class 6 commercial ammo manufacturer, you learn a few things,

11. Shooting Coach

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Second time around on a type VI license myself. Over 50 million rounds dropped in the bucket. We had a room full of Camdex electrics and Dillon 1000's.

Last go around with fired 380 brass was my last. Partner ordered 10K rounds off the Internet, stuff had a scad of 32's and 9 Maks in the mix, not to mention guppies and split hulls. I may have gotten 7K of loadable brass out of that buy, after many hours of culling and ungentlemanly language. Just new 380 brass from now on for me.

12. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

0   0   0

I stand corrected the .380 acp has a .020 smaller case head than a 9MM, and would definately make a tight squeeze thru the size die. I do however make Makarov cases out of 9mm cases as there is only.002 difference in the case head size. I actually do have a Makarov pistol and am looking at getting a CZ82 in 9x18 also. Good sheap pocket/car guns. Also most of the cheap Makarov ammo is Berdan primed and made out of "Leaverite" so it can't be convienently loaded anyway.

That's "Leaverite" as in "leaver right where it falls." (steel cases)

Thanks for the correction, and since I don't have a .380 I probably would have gone on for years thinking I knew what I was talking about.

Randy

13. Shooting Coach

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Dear Randy

You will LOVE the CZ82. It is as well made as any handgun out there. Cheap ammo, more power and availability than the 380.

Pay a little extra and get one in EXC+ condition, and a spare mag.

14. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

0   0   0

Shootcoach: I have a friend who bought one recently from J&G in Prescott AZ. I was impressed, It points well, the controls are layed out right, and with a very small amount of work it made into an excellent defensive pistol. They are supposedly all ex chech police guns, and they were given like 5-7 rounds a year to practice with, so none of them have been fired very much. Real live Polygonal rifling too. Certainly worth the $210 price tag.

I feel they are just a way better Makarov. Maks just have so many sharp edges on them.

Randy
    [​IMG]

I still like my Makarov though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.