1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 34" MX top single type III

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by greenlightning, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenlightning

greenlightning TS Member

0   0   0

I am looking for a 34" barrel for my old MX-8 Perazzi. I believe the receiver to be type III. I would prefer a top single. Thanks for looking.

Curt

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

WTB 34

The receiver went through few changes and updates, but type III & IV are generally refer to the forend attachments.

Here's a picture showing type III & IV, check your forend iron and barrel under lug to determinate if you need a type III or type IV barrel to match your own forend.

[​IMG]

Also, if you have a type III O/U, you'll need to be careful about matching a top single to your gun/forend.

The early production (most of them are) top single barrel has different under lug location, they use their own forends. They are not interchangeable with early type III O/U forend.

Here's another picture showing the differences.

[​IMG]

3. greenlightning

greenlightning TS Member

0   0   0

WTB 34

Thanks for the information Steve. Nice pictures too!

4. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

WTB 34

I've noticed several in the last few weeks. I just tried, SEARCH, MX top
    single and got several hits inclding one from Rich Bullard, Jim Veta, Barry roach. If those are all gone, just wait, one will appear. and see PM.

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

WTB 34

I have the long forarm with type III Iron it has never been on a gun if you need one. These forarms were longer and made for the top single and were closed on the ends.The bottom cut off barrel sat down inside the forarm this one is new but not checkered yet but is finished.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. greenlightning

greenlightning TS Member

0   0   0

WTB 34

I am just starting to look for barrels, but if I find what I am after without a forearm, I will definately hit you up.

Curt

7. Bullseye Bob

Bullseye Bob Member

0   0   0

WTB 34

I have a very nice type 3 34" top single barrel with out forend for sale on this site.

Look it up and give me a call or Email if interested

Thank you
    Bob Dunn/ Bullseye Sporting Arms 805-584-9585

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.