1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB - ,308 Rock River LAR-8 Predator or Varmint

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by stokinpls, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Here is good site to find what you're looking for, especially used. Sometimes it takes a little patience. Good luck.

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Rock River guarantees their varmint models to shoot 1 moa, I don't know about the other LAR-8 models. This is my 26" varmint (not for sale) that weights in around 13.5 lbs. They use FAL magazines that can be had almost anywhere.
    [​IMG]

3. berta686

berta686 TS Member

0   0   0

I have a R.R.A LAR-8 in 308 20in bar. I have been reloading for it with 125 gr balistic tip nosler 45.5 gr of 4895 at3050 f.p.s at 100 yrds 3 shot groups under 3/4 of an inch off sand bags.The only problems I have had is with the clips it would shoot 5-8 rounds and jam so I called R.R.A and sended in my clip that came with the rifle and they sended 2 new poly mags and no problems with feed jams. One hell of a rifle just a little heavy

4. 682LINY

682LINY Member

0   0   0

unless you find a RRA on the shelf,, you may be looking at a long waiting period,,checkaround,,, my buddy just got his from dpms

5. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

Just change the barrel. oz

6. Mel12

Mel12 TS Member

0   0   0

RRA= Top Quality. I don't have a 308 but my 223 heavy barrel with leopold scope will shoot sub moa all day, and about 1 moa with cheap stuff. I think your barking up the right tree. Like said be prepared for a really long wait but its worth it good luck. - MEL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rock river lar 8 varmint 20 in 308

rock river lar 8 varmint for sale