1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wtb 300 whisper any ideas or information on it.

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by quick2, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quick2

quick2 Member

0   0   0

just learning about the calibre. what is the cheapest a man can get into one
    with a suppressor ready to go.
    to hunt deer with.

2. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

0   0   0

Silenced guns are Illegal in the US. Is that what you mean by supressor?

3. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

0   0   0

Actually I'm thinking some states are allowing them....I'm not positive but I've heard that..If they are, I would not rub one in an ATF agents face....Some places in Europe they are mandatory.

4. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

0   0   0

A complete AR-15 from JD Jones in 300 Whisper is going to start at about $2100, according to his website. Don't forget the $200 check to Uncle Sam for the silencer/suppressor.

pg

5. 50calshooter

50calshooter TS Member

0   0   0

Suppressors are legal to own in Knasas, but not to hunt with so you had better check you laws regarding the hunting issue.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Yes, they want to know who has silencers.

Not illegal, but just like full auto, recorded and permit necessary.

HM

7. Sccja57

Sccja57 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I bought one several months ago from a guy in OK, the rifle is built on a Remington 700 action. They run around $1100 and then purchased a Gemtech .30 caliber suppressor (my paperwork-form 4-came back in 60 days). I have been pleased with the accuracy and quietness shooting the 220 grain rounds-big plus is no recoil. Plan on using it deer hunting this season and have checked with our state wildlife department-suppressors are legal for hunting in SC.

8. quick2

quick2 Member

0   0   0

I wonder about TN in regard to deer hunting.
    i woder if they are any cheaper suppressors than 6 to 7 hundered dollars?

9. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Silencers can be owned in 34 states. .300 is a very good system, but pricey. 7.62 x 39 is good suppressed also. Sometimes called the poor mans .300.

10. quick2

quick2 Member

0   0   0

is it legal to hunt with in Tn?

11. KRE

KRE TS Member

0   0   0

Most states do not allow hunting with cans.

Another option is a std .308 win useing Trail Boss powder. I load subsonic rds for the .308 win an 30-06, with the can on it's quieter than a cat sneezing. In .308win I'm loading 180gr Sierra prohunters that will punch 2x4's at 100yds an group just under 1 moa
    In the 30-06 I'm throwing 208 Amaxs and they will run neck an neck with the .308,..Trail Boss power is the powder of choice.

You need to open the case flash hole, an rethink loading somewhat.
    I will not put all the loading info on the net but email me I'll get you started, or drop a phone number in a email, I'll walk you threw it.

DO NOT,.... shoot a subsonic load threw a can you have not tested in that gun w/o the can first.

Kenneth

12. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

You can get an AR upper really cheap. This is the way to go. Unless hunting small varmints,the group size will be just fine. Whisper easier to hold at subsonic than a big case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.