1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 3 or 4 Barrel Skeet Set

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pull & Mark, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I am looking to do some skeet shooting on and off, and have looked into haveing my sporting clays tubed for skeet. The fitted tubes will be hard to sell without gun in future if I decide to give it up(companion tubes premium shells only). So my other option is buying a 3 or 4 barrel set. The Browning or SKB sets fit into my price range the best.You can post here or to me directly. Thank You in advance for any and all responses.xxxWenp5@aol.com.xxx Break-em all. Jeff

2. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

There is a three barrel and a 4 barrel Browning skeet set on gunbroker.com.
    They are about $3800.

Jim

3. Utah

Utah TS Member

Jeff,

I have a 5 barrel Remington M32 set (28" bbls). Skeet: 12, 20, 28 and 410 plus 30" trap bbls M/F. The barrel weights for each set-up are identical. The 12 skeet is a Remington barrel, the subgauge bbls are simmons. The trap bbls are Krieghoff. Set-up comes cased. I'm in the Chicagoland area if you're interested. Priced at $5000.

Mike

4. old school

old school TS Member

I SENT A E MAIL TO YOU BUT IT DID NOT GO THRU this is old school i have a skb target grade 585 three barrel set 20 28 &410 LIST YOUR TEL NUMBER AND IWILL CALL YOU ABOUT IT OR CK YOUR E MAIL ADD . JIM

5. newcastle

newcastle Member

Jim, if Jeff is not interested, I may be please give me a call at 651-491-8159. thanks Bob

6. old school

old school TS Member

HI BOB.If JEFF IS NOT INTERESTEDI WILL CALL FRIDAY THANKS. JIM

7. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jeff,
    In SKB, the following Sporting Clays and Skeet sets are available. 20/28/410 gauges with standard wood , fixed comb, 30" barrels $4345.00. Same set but with the adj comb and standard wood $4525.00. Same gun adj comb but with HI-Grade wood $4935.00. Shipping to you should be about $35.00 with insurance. All three styles are in stock.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

8. Houston6

Houston6 TS Member

I have a 4 barrel set made it Italy. Has cast off on stock and forends for each barrel in plastic case and all barrels are choked for skeet.It's a nice gun.

Will take $2450

houston6

9. Pull & Mark

Jim, I am interested in your shotgun!! Please give me a call at (561) 252-3051 or try the E-mail again without the xxx's. Not sure why you had problem I got a couple of E-mails at home since yesterday. Would like to find out more about your gun. Thank You Mike(silver dollar), but I am not interested in a new gun this time. I will keep you in mind and hopefully be seeing you this winter at Southern grand or fla. championship shoot. E-mails sent to the offers that interest me at this time. Thank You all for all your help and offers. Break-em all. Jeff

10. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

I've got a Beretta 682 Skeet w/Briley matched weighted sub-gage tube set in a new Americase. Barrel length is 28 inches comes w/barrel weight so 12 ga. weighs the same as tubes in barrels. Also has briley choke tubes.
    Asking 2950.00 O.B.O.
    Call 423/863-2543 or email AAskeetbuster@yahoo.com
    Keith

11. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have a three barrel Winchester 101 Pigeon grade coming in with 20/28/410 28" barrels. Gun set has been fired very little. No box or paperwork.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

12. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Why Bernie?

13. Pull & Mark

ke4yyd, I'm not sure why either. A good FFL friend(old shooter) of mine told me not to buy any gun that has Simmons barrels. I asked him why and all he told me was that Simmons company was only out to take care of themselves so to speak. So I guess that means that they did not stand behind their product line very well. Hope this helps you out. Still looking for the right skeet set. Thank You all in advance. Break-em all. Jeff

14. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

From what i've read on here, simmons small gauge barrels were cannabilized from other guns of the same gauge. So the tubes of your barrel assembly could have come from a 870, a Mossberg pump or bolt action, Savage, Winchester 37, ect. Some barrels left the factory with faint marking still remaining as to what their original gun was.

15. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Just curious as the Simmons barrels for Browning O/U's in the 50's and 60's were considered excellent. I owned a set during that time. The 20, 28 and .410 barrels were matched in POI, weight and balance to the original 12 ga so the set would feel the same no matter what gauge one was using. IMHO this was better than the current tube sets which make the other gauges heavier and balance different from the original gun. I presently own a Browning 4-barrel set and I see no difference in quality and function as compared to the older Simmons set.

I am not familiar with what skeet man is talking about but it appears it has nothing to do with a 4-barrel skeet set.

Pull and Mark, Sounds like maybe there is a different ownership/management of Simmons now. They have not made barrel sets for O/U in years and may not furnish parts. I don't know.

16. Pull & Mark

ke4yyd, I'll bet that just might be it. No parts and maybe, just maybe, no one who wants to work on them. Anyway still looking for a nice skeet set. No tubes sets Please. Thank You all for looking. Break-em all. Jeff

17. Pull & Mark

still looking. ttt

18. theodorescolt45

theodorescolt45 TS Member

Interested in your 5-barrel set, do you have any pictures ?
    SST ? LOP ? grade ? are the sk barrels all VR ?
    thX
    -oo

19. theodorescolt45

OOPS ! Posters name was "utah" and I'm interested in the Remington 32 5 barrel set. Please email pics ( if you have them ) and info such as is it SST ? what is the LOP, what grade 32 is it ? A/D/E/TC are the barrels all VR

Thx !

Also, there were some comments on the Simmons barrels ... I used to shoot a Remington 3200 with Simmons barrels and I also had a Krieghoff K32 with Simmons barrels all were 20-28-410. They shot great and balanced better than the factory barrels to me and the POI was right on and patterns were great @ 25 and 35 yards. All were fixed choke SK/SK.

As far as support service, no problems from my local gunsmith

Also, if required Simmons still services their barrels and still custom makes barrels ( only 28 inch length ) in 20-28-410 for the remington 32's, Kreighoff 32's and K80's and Remington 3200's. Not sure on the brownings or other makes as it depends on the breech blocks they have available or can make or have left!

never had a problem with their barrels and/or service and I hear now that can make the barrels with a variety of rib configurations

utah -- please email me with the info pics

20. theodorescolt45

Mike -
    interested in your 5 barrel Remington Model 32 set
    is it a standard grade or engraved ?
    any pictures ?
    what type of rib are on the 12 and simmons barrels ?
    1/2" WIDE rib or the rub that matches the original remington barrels
    thX !
    please reply when you can

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kriegjoff k32 simmons barrel

remington m32 with sub gauge tubes