1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 28ga.

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by mooshkat, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

0   0   0

I have a friend looking to buy a used o/u in 28ga. Looking to spend $700-$900.00 Thanks Dave

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

as new M12 Browning? $700 si

3. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Anythings is possible, but --- Knowing what I have invested in my 28 guage O/U's you are going to have trouble buying a Beretta, Browning, or even a Ruger for that amount. I would think you might be able to buy a Hugu (made in Turkey) for those numbers, but -- o well, better not said.

You also might want to contact Bill Hanus Bird Guns, he deals in some lower priced guns, as well as higher end, your choice. Try www.billhanusbirdguns.com

A pump or semi-auto you could probably buy for close to that amount, your friend might want to consider that.

Tom Strunk

4. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

0   0   0

Maybe a charles daly, stevens or miroku. Also the russian remingtons came in 28ga and were like 500 new. I have seen some used remington Premiers around (Italian made) for around 900. I have seen well used Rugers go for 900.
    Try a gunbroker.com search

5. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

0   0   0

Check with Hi Grade. They have a Ruger on the website Higradeshooters.com for $895. Its not a Perazzi but seems to be a good value. Tom I am sorry if this damages your credibility in any way.

6. jkh171

jkh171 TS Member

0   0   0

take a look at a savage milano, they are a decent gun for the money

7. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Wolf --

No it doesn't hurt me in any way, just telling the truth as a know it.

I have four 28 guage shotguns. The lowest priced ones are a Franchi semi-auto I bought new for $1350.00; then recently a used Remington 1100 Sporting Clay for $1,100.00 and then my Browning Ultra was around $2,000.00 a few years ago; and then I also have a Beretta Silver Pigeon with two sets of 28 inch barrels, one set in 28 guage and another in 20 guage. The Beretta was much higher priced.

I have heard good things about the Ruger 28 guage, I believe it is the best O/U they make. I have owned both a 20 and 12 and was not to sorry to see them go. I would suggest the man check the 28 guage Ruger out, as they sell new for around $1,500.00.

Tom Strunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.