1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 28 ga. Side by Side

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by ShooterOne, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShooterOne

ShooterOne Member

0   0   0

Have a friend wanting to purchase a 28 guage SidexSide as a birthday present for his brother. Told him it may be difficult or impossible to find such a gun & should consider an O/U.

Doesn't want to have to "sell the farm" to purchase one so no need to offer any fancy, expensive guns, since it will be used mainly for upland game hunting.

If you have or know of any gun that might fit his criteria e-mail or pm back to me with discriprion, price, contact info.,etc. & I will forward information on to my friend so, if he's interested, he can contact you directly & I can get out of the middle.

Thanks in advance for any asisstance.

Tom

2. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

0   0   0

I would look at the DeHaan or other Turkish guns. They aren't a 'best' gun by any means but they get good reports from hunters that aren't burning through ammo by the case.

I've waved a few around at gun shops and they really feel pretty good. The stock dimensions are correct for a small gauge gun, they are making them with long barrels,etc.

A Perazzi it ain't, but for under $1000 it's not bad either.

3. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

0   0   0

Don't know what amount you have budgeted, but Lion Country Supply, in Port Matilda, PA sells a nice, low end Ugartechea in 28 ga. Check their website at www.lcsupply.com

4. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

0   0   0

Try looking at CDDNs's website www.cdnninvestments.com/. They have a variety of 28 ga guns.

5. 5spd

5spd TS Member

0   0   0

CDNN has these in 28 ga.
    CZ SxS in .28 ga for $599.99 with 5 tubes, double triggers.
    Fausti Elite SxS w/ fixed chokes, single non selective trigger for $799.99
    Weatherby Athena SxS double triggers, 3 tubes for $1699.99

6. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

0   0   0

CZs and DeHanns are both the same guns made by Huglu in Turkey. Their SXS guns have a terrible track record with parts breaking. They look pretty good cosmetically for the price, but they are still junk. I had one in .410 and it broke before I shot two boxes of shells. CZ said it could be repaired, so they replaced it and gun #2 lasted 18 shots. Gun #3 was much better. It broke after five boxes of shells.

As stated, Lion Supply sells the Spanish Uggie. That (IMO) is a starter gun of decent quality. There are also numerous dealers selling AyA #4 boxlocks at about $3200. That's a step up from an Uggie and very nice little gun.

Also, Weatherby markets a 28ga SXS and it's sold through CDNN for about half of what the AyA sells for. The downside is that it's built on a 20ga frame and not a 28ga frame.

7. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Stevens has a new model out. It is the 612 SxS in 12, 20 ,28 and 410. Don't know about the reliability though.

8. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

0   0   0

I've dealt with CDNN several times. Great customer service & prices. Hard to beat in my book.

i_shoot

9. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Bite the bullet. Get an RBL 28 SxS from Galazan. The best buy in a quality small bore double and you can get them with 30 inch tubes weighing 5 3/4LBS.

10. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

0   0   0

Weatherby Athena d' Italia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.