1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB*****257 ROBERTS*****NICE*******

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hounddog41@charter.net, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

I know that this is primarily a shotgun site but I do see ads from time to time on Rifles. Im looking for a 257 Roberts calibre prefer a 700 Remington but not a must. Would like one in nice condition. email direct if you have something like this. thaks much alex Kotter superior wisconsin

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Also look for Winchester featherweights in .257 Roberst. The one I had was a tackdriver!

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

ljutic73 is right. My model 70 is the standard grade and weight and also an excellent shooter. NOT for sale yet. LOL You,ve reminded me that I'm overdo to get back at some rifle shooting and reloading. Have fun, Bob

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I was on a similar quest many years ago and ended up buying a distrested M700 LH long action rifle in 30/06 and having it rebarreled and restocked at the Remington custom shop. The whole thing cost me less than what new M700 BDLs were going for at the time and the end product was better than an off the rack gun.

The effort was worth it, I think the .257 Roberts is one of the all time great deer and antelope rounds. You won't be dissapointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.