1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 24X 32X Scope / Bought skeetfield's Weaver

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Claymuncher, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

0   0   0

I need a scope for Egg Shooting, not variable, any condition.

Thanks, CM

2. skeetfield

skeetfield Member

0   0   0

I have a weaver T-Series model 849976 Target 24X40 A/O Matte Black, fine crosshair 1/8 dot reticle. Was on gun for 3 days and sent back to weaver for larger dot (1/4). Sold gun before I got the scope back. Pair $425.00 plus tax. Scope is as new in box, $275.00 shipped.

3. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

0   0   0

That is a good deal and I thank you for the offer but the 1/4 MOA would be
    to big for what I am gong to use it for. I think that big of a dot would cover an egg at 200 yds. How much did they charge you for the change.

CM

4. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

0   0   0

1/4 MOA equals 1/2" at 200 yards. You must be shooting a benchrest rifle to be into egg shooting. I hunted whistlepigs for years, until my eyes went north on me, with a BalVar 24 fitted with a T.K. Lee 1/2 minute dot (the kind that were suspended on a strand of blackwidow spider web) and it never covered a pig out to 400 yeards or so, always showed lots of pig around the dot. The deal offered you sounds pretty good but if you are interested in more power, hope you have deep pockets The cost of the higher power scopes seem to be geometrical progression with the power of the scope.

Just my .02 worth.

5. skeetfield

skeetfield Member

0   0   0

I sent the scope back for the larger dot because at 220 yrs, shooting eggs, I could'nt see the dot. They did'nt charge me anything, nice people.

6. TomB

TomB Member

0   0   0

Claymuncher....I have a 6X18 Redfield Accurange scope that I used to use shooting dynamite at 340yds and groundhogs at longer ranges. It may need cleaned up a little , but would serve well for eggs at 200. 717 423 6965 0r send PM Tom B

7. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

0   0   0

Skeetfield : Learning new things everyday, I have not shot at one egg yet so all the info is helpful. last night I put a bid on an old T25 so now I have to wait and see what happens with that. I would like to take your offer if someone bids over me which I think they will. I will PM you. Thanks

CM

shot410ga : TomB : Thanks but I think I will stay with a straight power.

Wahoo : I have to ask what is a wistlepig?

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

8 X 36 M-30 Konus. Sold the rifle. $325.

9. rrose

rrose TS Member

0   0   0

what is a wistlepig,, it is a groundhog

10. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

0   0   0

Claymuncher, Rosebuster answered you.Goundhogs will sometimes emit a very sharp, short whistle, apparently warning other hogs in the immediate area. They seem to only whistle while standing up, at least that has been my experience. It's like a bucksnort, once you hear it, you will never mistake it for any other sound. They don't whistle often, in fact it took years before I heard one.

11. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

0   0   0

I have shot a few groundhogs here in Michigan and I didn't no they could whistle, maybe I never got close enough. Farmers called it a favor and I called it fun. last year I had one chase me out of my back yard all the way to the door of my house. Maybe he did whistle just before I shot him, I figured distemper or rabbis but it was a surprise to be chased by a crazed ground hog.....

CM

12. mbm5770

mbm5770 Member

0   0   0

where do you shoot eggs? do you do it for money? That's a big target, what range are you shooting them?

13. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

0   0   0

I have one of the older Japanese Tasco 36 power by 44mm objective target scopes that I would sell to you. This is the version with the 1/8 minute clicks, target knobs and fine-as-froghair plain crosshairs. It also has the long 8" lense shade on it. The scope tube is kinda scratched up from mounting & remounting over the years, but the glass is clear and fog-free.

pm me if interested and I can send pics as well.

Kiv

14. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

0   0   0

Deaner : No PM recieved

I have not started on the egg shooting, just getting ready for next year. I guess the guys around here get fairly serious about it, not much money to shoot or win. Three sessions of 5 shots in 10 minutes at 200 yds. Sounds like fun so I thought I would try it in the spring. I am going against the grain using an AR, but it has a very good heavy barrel and trigger set up, I thought it would feel good to beat the bench guys with an AR if possible.

CM

Kiv : Thanks but I understand 36X is a bit high for eggs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.