1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB- 223 brass

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Doug Brown, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

WTB- about 500rds unprimed 223 brass, would prefer new, but would consider once fired as long as it was resized,uncrimped, trimmed. Thanks

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Doug, I have approx. 100 nickle plated new .223 brass. Would you be interested? I have switched my .223 to federal gold brass. Mike

3. bq77

bq77 TS Member

0   0   0

I've had good luck here. No problems reloading their stuff.

http://www.scharch.com/

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Brassman is good but I've generally had to process his brass. Gunbroker is a great source of both fully processed and brass with crimped primer pockets. Federal brass is generally considered too soft and with too small a volume for loading with the 79 gr bullets now being favored in 3-gun matches. Lake City is my favorite. I have a bunch of Federal that I like for light bullets as it is very consistent.

5. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Scharch has treated me well with good pricing and product.

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

0   0   0

Google Cheyenne Brass located in Cheyenne, WY; I've bought once fired .223 commercial brass from them before. They also sell other supplies. Once fired commercial brass will save you lots of money versus new brass. Another hint, make sure you small base size each shell if you're shooting it in an automatic. Once you've fired the reload in your gun I then only neck size the shell (this saves you the lube process and thus saves time) which requires the purchase of another die but it's well worth it. I also invested in a drop-in gauge to check the shell after firing. So far, after reloading 5 times, no stretching of case and 100% reliability. Darrell

7. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I would avoid the military brass , even if it has had the primer pocket reamed in the processing

The neck thickness seems to be greater- which you can ream that out yourself but why bother?

Commercial new brass is so cheap- why use anything else? You can then reload it yourself and only neck sizing will be needed because it came from your own rifle

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Know many AR shooters that necksize, Gene? lol

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

If I have to pay for brass, I would pay a little extra for commercial.

Military brass is worth the effort if free. :^)

10. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

He didnt say it was for an AR- good point though

You need to full length size if it is for an AR- or you probably do- I guess you could try neck sizing - if you are just going to use it in one gun and see what happens-- chrome chamber- you might be ok because brass shrinks slightly before ejection

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.