1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB - .22 revolver

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by capvan, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

0   0   0

I've had a couple of great deals via this forum, so I thought I'd try this. Looking for a nice, but not fancy, .22 revolver. It'll be used a lot, mostly for plinking with a small amount of rodent control. Single or double action. Anything in the safe you would like to turn into $$? Usual FFL routine, private email preferred. Located in Vermont.

Bruce
    KB1IIX@ARRL.net

2. 257 ackley

257 ackley Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a very nice Smith and Wesson 422 Semi Auto with a 6" barrel for $300.00

Shawn

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Check out the S&W model 48 with 2 cylinders listed on the For Sale section on Trapshooters.com. It is a bargain...you don't see many like this. Regards, Ed

4. capvan

capvan Active Member

0   0   0

Still looking...

Bruce

5. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

How about the brand new model Taurus 990 or 991 ??

6. Damifino

Damifino Member

0   0   0

If you come across a Ruger Single Six for the $$ you're willing to spend, they're great shooters and will last forever.

Saw my brother shoot a woodchuck from about 80 yards with his when I was a kid. I don't know who was most surprised; me, my brother or the woodchuck. Some luck involved but it was what he was trying to do.<br>
    He passed away in Nov., I sure miss him.

7. shootman

shootman TS Member

0   0   0

Had a Ruger single six years back nice shooter. Heritage Arms puts out a nice .22 .22mag. revolver. nice shooter for the money. You can pick them up for about 150.00 on sale.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Wanna buy my dad's old 9-shot Hi-Standard Sentinel? "Boom, boom, click, boom, click..." It actually shoots 3/4 of the bullet thru the barrel, and splatters the other 1/4 onto whomever is unfortunate enough to be standing to your left, LOL.

Seriously though, the Ruger Single Six is a durable CLASSIC. Old 3-Screw models are somewhat collectible too.

-Gary

9. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Bruce,

What's your price range?

From the sound of your posting, you're not looking for collector type gun,
    but something that you can SHOOT. Do you need or want anything more than
    a .22 LR? The Ruger Single Six is a great little gun and the extra cylinder allows you to shoot .22 Mags, however, they are single action and only hold
    6 rounds and they load up pretty slow. Look to spend about $300 for a nice piece.

Forget about S&W .22 revolvers...they're probably out of your price range
    unless you come across a real beater. For that matter, you may be surprised to find out that a lot of .22 revolvers sell for more than their big brothers.

old Hi Standards and H&Rs are probably what you're looking for...PM me with what you need and what you have to spend.

Smok'n Joe

10. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

...I have a Ruger Single 6, 3-screw and like it. It has the Magnum cylinder too. It's kind of a tiny-feeling gun though compared to the full size 3-screws. Solid -dependable.

11. capvan

capvan Active Member

0   0   0

I'm looking to spend around $450, including shipping. I'm finding out this isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I only need .22 LR. Double action preferred.

Bruce

12. capvan

capvan Active Member

0   0   0

13. capvan

capvan Active Member

0   0   0

14. uplate

uplate TS Member

0   0   0

If your willing to spend 450.00 you should be able to find a S&W 17 0r 18 with
    a bit of shopping. Check out Beerking's thread.

15. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

0   0   0

I have a Taurus .22 revolver that works fine I've owned many model 17 & 18's over the years and they are not comparable in quality but the Taurus does all I need it to do for a lot less $$. Just my $.02

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.