1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 22 CAL TARGET PISTOL/

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by addicted, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addicted

addicted TS Member

looking for a nice/clean target gun 22or22mag

2. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

S+W model 41 is a good choice.

3. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Semi-auto or Revolver? I have a Ruger Single Six in S/S. It has two cylinders, one 22 and the other 22 Mag. I also have a S&W Model 622 Semi-Auto target in 22LR. Dave T.

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

For an entry level target pistol, you may want to check out a Ruger Mk. I, II or III 5 1/2" bull barrel target model. This model has an adjustable rear sight and is a joy to use. It is, however, difficult to clean unless you follow their directions to a “T”. The Ruger bull barrel's shoot well and the US Government uses them in their pistol training programs. Ruger even offers a "Government" model bull barrel pistol.

Ruger makes a Single Six with 22LR and 22 Magnum cylinders that has adjustable sights that is not bad for plinking or informal target shooting. To my knowledge, the .22 Magnum is not usually used for competitive target shooting.

There are many other excellent target pistols out there.

I recently got to hold a S&W K 22 Masterpiece target revolver with walnut target grips and about an 8" barrel. A deceased trap shooter I knew used to shoot .22 targets competitively in Philadelphia and had several trophies. That was a sweet target revolver.

I once got to shoot a Colt Woodsman Target model that was sweet. It had two barrels, one about 5" and the other about 6 1/2". The owner told me that the Woodsman Target pistols were assembled by a limited number of craftsmen using selected parts and were all hand fitted.

Browning also used to make a high end target pistol called the Medalist that came in a wood case and was very nice. I think that they offer an entry level model today called a Buck Mark.

Hi Standard made some excellent .22 target models back in the 1960’s that were used in the Olympics. I wish I had bought one instead of wasting money on girls.

We get old too soon and wise too late.

5. DLB6208

DLB6208 TS Member

I've got a High Standard Victor and a S W 41 with Herrett's target grips . Email if you are interested and I'll send some pictures .dlb6208@bellsouth.net

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

Walther GSP - one of the best target guns made. I have one and love it.

You can add a .32 S&W barrel to shoot NRA CF.

If you want something "less". My next favorite is a High Standard with 5.5" bull barrel.

Next is a Ruger Target grade gun - best value out there IMHO and lots of aftermarket add-ons to improve if/when you want to.

Revolvers are not "target guns" but I own a few and love to plink with them.

Don

7. COLOKOLAR

COLOKOLAR TS Member

I have a Hi Standard "Sharpshooter" Target pistol with the 5 1/2" Bull Bbl and
    walnut thumb rest factory target grips with beautiful checkering. It is in 98% condition. It also comes with an extra target bbl---a 6" tapered bbl with the
    target weight on the very end.
    email if interested dropping the xxx's xxxbillbru1@comcast.netxxxx

8. gotbass

gotbass Member

Buckmark, buckmark and buckmark

9. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

High standard victor. Can't go wrong at all.. Todd

10. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

IF YOU WANT A REAL TARGET PISTOL LOOK AT THE HAMMERLI 215/208. NONE BETTER-RICK

11. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

The new ruger mark III is an excellent targrt pistol. It is much more accurate thatn the mk I or II, and also looks a lot nicer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.