1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 22 Birdshot

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by oleolliedawg, Jun 28, 2013.

1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I have a bunch-CCI and Winchester. I'm not sure if I can trust you with anything that potent. Please assure me!!

2. rosies dad

rosies dad Member

0   0   0

Several years ago, I tried birdshot. Chip's are tough, 10-12 ft is the farthest away you can be and kill them.
    If he can find the hole, tell him to use propane for several minutes, plug the hole. That works on woodchucks too. (deprives them of oxygen, and do not light the propane)

3. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

c heck the online vendors for 22 birdshot. .22's have been unavailable but I have seen the birdshot during this time.

4. quartering

quartering Active Member

0   0   0

if you'll do the propane thing, i'll mail you some cannon fuse

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Get a good .177 caliber air rifle. Much better than .22 birdshot. You need a smooth bore .22 for effective birdshot. I have both. The .177 is effective out to 40 yards on chipmunks. The smooth bore .22 and birdshot is for carpenter bees.

Jim Skeel<br>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

0   0   0

I bought a box of CCI to use on a pesky squirrel that wouldn't stay out of a bird feeder on my deck. I used one in my .22 pistol. From a range of about 12' the shot barely marked the stain on the deck posts and did not phase the squirrel at all as far as I can tell. In my opinion it was a total waste of money. Maybe from 6' or so the results would have been different.

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I use to have a good time shooting mice with .22 birdshot in a 4" K-22. the distances were at most 8'. I was shooting the vermin inside a small shed where I kept feed for the pheasants I was raising. Even at those short distances, the shot would just barely stick into the 1/4" plywood walls - no chance of penetration. Very entertaining though.

I shot many a chipmunk with my BB gun as a kid, it works but there are many airguns on the market today that will work even better.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

Get some Remington C Bee 22's, they sound like a pellet gun in a rifle and will drop them in their tracks ... They do not have the power to open an autoloader so if you or he has something thats bolt action or a pumper they will work great ... These are slightly louder in a handgun but still not bad ... WPT ... (YAC) ...