1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 22-250 brass

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by kurt02, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurt02

kurt02 TS Member

0   0   0

I am looking for 2000 rounds of 22-250 brass once fired or new either way if anybody has some they want to sell I would appreciate it.

Thanks

2. DK65

DK65 TS Member

0   0   0

If Kurt doesn't take it, I'd love to have it.

Let me know and I'll foot the bill for shipping. I am in 28625

Thanks

Drew

3. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

0   0   0

Why don't you just pick up some cheap 308 brass and neck it down - have to shorten it a little bit after necking it down but you can find cheap 308 about every place. (7.62 Nato) the beav

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

I have made a lot of .243 from .308 but never 22-250.

After checking the 2 cases with my dial caliper I have a feeling I would have a case stuck in the die and all the accompanying hassle.

The head area of the 22-250 is about .010 smaller than the .308 and you are dealing with solid brass there.

Are you sure this is what you mean?

HM

5. xcollector

xcollector TS Member

0   0   0

I have a bunch of new/once fired 22-250 brass. Some nickle some brass. I know I don't have the quantity you want but if you are interested drop me a line (PM or email).

Doug

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Grafs has a great sale on Nosler brand .22-250 brass right now. Do yourself a favor and by all new brass of the same maker. (the Nosler stuff is very good) The mix and match approach doesn't work if you are looking to get the kind of performance this great little round is capable of. Also second hand brass represents a safety hazard because you don't know its history.

People use to make their own .22-250 brass from many other calibers including the .30-06 but they did so out of necessity. These days, the .22-250 is a very common round with a huge variety of components available - no reason to fool around with brass forming.

7. kurt02

kurt02 TS Member

0   0   0

Dan,

I would definately take it and pay the shipping and something for you also. My email is on here just drop the xxx's

Thanks
    Kurt

8. darr

darr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Isn't 22-250 250 savage necked down?If so I have some of that.I shoot alot of 22-250 so I can't sell you that brass but I have the 250 savage if you are interested.More like 200 not 2000 though.

Darr Wilson

9. kurt02

kurt02 TS Member

0   0   0

No thanks I appreciate it but I am not that into reloading.

Thanks,

Kurt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.