1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wtb 1931-1932 Ford pick up

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by shootgood, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootgood

shootgood Member

I know this is a bit of a long shot, bit I have had luck finding about everything I was looking for on this site. I am looking for a 1931-1932 Ford Model A pick up (either body or complete truck). Looking to turn into a Hot Rod and use a custom frame-only requirement is that the truck has metal body-would like as nice of body as possible but understand that the truck is old and will need restored-running gear not required. Please e-mail me at granders@dcemail.com if you have one or know of one for sale-thank you--Shoot good

2. turmite

turmite Member

shootgood, I know you said you wanted a metal body, but I just wanted to give you some words a friend of mine in SC gave me, and I wasn't even thinking 32!

He is a seasoned street rod builder with many of his builds going into the 6 digits.

I was asking him about fender work for my 51 GMC (I just sold) and he told me fiberglass and never look back. I ask the reasons. He said anyone can work with fiberglass if they are willing, but it takes a metal artist to give new life to one of those old bodies! The fenders on my GMC were actually in great condition, less one 2" split and the joining flange that bolts to the bed sides. He said I could buy the two fenders for less that what half that work would cost.

Not trying to talk you out of the metal, just trying to give you another perspective.

Mike

ps you want to get really sick.....I sold a 32 Vickey (rough body) with a very straight frame for $200! :( :(

3. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Shootgood, If my memory serves me right, Model A production ended in 1931. In 1932 you could get a Model B (4cyl) or a V-8. At one time I had both. Wish I still had the "Deuce". Larry Evans

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Lots of vendors for steel body rod parts out there. Ajround 10 grand for the basic body setup, 20 for a rolling chassis.

If you have to have a truck get ready for a wallet pain. There just aren't many real ones out there, and I don't know if the repop folks do them.

Purists sneer at fiberglass. That's just the way it is. Bondo is the kiss of death also.

I have a friend that runs a shop in Phoenix, and he is a metal purist. If you want, he can probably answer any of your questions better than I.

Premier Frame & Body, 602-248-0812. Ask for Frank.

HM

5. shootgood

shootgood Member

Thanks for all the help so far guys-I am going to go to the shows this spring/summer and try and find one, but was looking for something to mess with during the winter. I know it sounds funny, but I am dead set on metal and want it to title as an original Ford. I know that kits are available, but I will have a lot of time and money invested and want to make sure I get what I want. Thanks and take care--Shoot good

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

best solution is to buy one that is already done and then change some of the stuff you might like. try goodguys or the nsra events. they always has stuff for sale. motordoc

7. shootgood

shootgood Member

Thanks Motor doc. I am for sure going to Goodguys, but it is going to be hard to wait until July :) Hopefully I will be able to find one there, I have not been to Goodguys since 2000 I think-take care

8. shootgood

shootgood Member

Would consider 1930-1937 ford pick up-mainly looking for solid steel body, if body is on modern suspension/frame it would be a plus-thanks and take care--Shoot good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.