1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB- 1911 in 40 S&W

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by TURNKEY321, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TURNKEY321

TURNKEY321 Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have been looking for a 1911 in 40 S&W and have come up with few choices. The only two that I can get my hands on are STI and Para. I am looking for a standard goverment 5" gun, but may consider a 4" or commander style. I have a Springfield in 45 and 9 and would really like to have a Springfield. I would consider Dan Wesson/ CZ, Kimber, Colt or Smith & Wesson.
    (With the above being said, I do not want a Springfield EMP, I am looking for a target gun more than carry.)Thanks, Tim Vanecek

2. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Tim, If you are looking for a target gun , you do not want a Commander length pistol. Stay with the full length 45. I would only get a 40 if you want a smaller defense gun.

3. Smokechaser

Smokechaser TS Member

0   0   0

Buy a 10mm and download to 40 velocities. Makes it a more versatile gun for carry and 10mm is a real accurate round. Alot more 10's out there today than 40's. The only downside -- ammo prices. If you reload, no big deal; if not, 10mm ammo can get spendy if you buy in small quantities. although Double Tap Ammunition does have sales on bulk 10mm most of the time....good luck on your quest for a .40; I'm just thinking out loud after reading your topic....cya

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

What's wrong with the proven .45 target gun?

5. TURNKEY321

TURNKEY321 Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The cost and access to ammuniton is the largest reason that I am looking at a 40. I work for a local Sheriff's Office and we are not given pratice ammunition in any other caliber. I also have an endless supply of 40 brass. I would consider a 10mm since I only have 2 revolvers in the 10mm. Also, nothing is wrong with the .45, I just have one of them.

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If you want a Springfield, buy one in .45 and then order a .40 barrel for it from Brownells.

Ken Rucker

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I have a Beretta 96 that has had an action and trigger job- the slickest Beretta I have ever fired

Gene

8. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

0   0   0

I too want a 1911 in 40. Was hoping Ruger would do it next after sales in 45 acp slowed.
    Most govt agencys now use 40 as well as many police.
    I believe its the most versatile cartridge on the market. Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.