1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 1911 holster

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by shannon391, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

I'm looking for a concealment carry holster for my 3" kimber (1911 style} leather only.

Thanks, Shannon

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I dont remember the brand but there is a real neat plastic one now that secures the gun and when you move to draw it- your trigger finger slides over a plate that releases the gun-

Gene

3. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Gene, Blackhawk makes one like that. I think it's called the Serpa. I prefer leather and am getting ready to order one for a colt 1911 from Midway USA. Just got their catalog the other day. Will order on line.

Shannon, you might want to get on line and check them out. They have a good selection of all major brands.

Steve

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bianchi makes a really nice one. Go to gun holster.com. They are more expensive, but are easier on the finish of your gun.

The Fobus paddle holster is a neat back up holster. If you get it in the right place in your back it's comfortable. I have one I leave in my truck just encase I need one for my Pro Carry II. $25. The Blackhawk is the plastic push button job that Gene's talking about. Fobus just came out with one too. I'm getting one for my 5" Kimber.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I always like leather- then tried this plastic one- no wobble- no movement- it was slick and the easiest to draw of any I have ever tried

The other benefit is that because your finger acted to open it -- it then is right online for perfect placement on the trigger

its at least worth a look - try to find one- scheels here carries them and put a gun in it

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Sonny98

Sonny98 Active Member

0   0   0

I had a leather one for my ultra carry II and couldn't get the gun out of it a couple times. Now I've got a Fobus Paddle I love. Light, thin, positivley clicked in and don't wonder if I'll be able to get the gun out quickly if I need too. Reasonable price too.

7. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a Milt Sparks summer special inside waist band (IWB) holster that I bought for my small CDP Ultra Carry. Brand new never used. Only slid the gun in and wore it around the house for a short time. Didn't care for the feel of the IWB carry. $75.00 shipped to you. Drop the xx on the email address.

Gary Beer

8. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Look at the site i have above. Cheapest place i have found.

9. jrw17

jrw17 Member

0   0   0

Check out Cross Breed, I think that they are new but look nice. www.crossbreed.com

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I would have to buy new pants if I had a crossbreed. My belt is too tight now!

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Gary if it's made for a three inch barrel I will take it, I looked into one from Milt and they have a 6 months waiting list. I have a custom OTW holster coming from TT but that also about 20 weeks out.

PM me for details.

Thank you, Shannon

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Gary you have mail.

Thanks, Shannon

13. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

0   0   0

My Milt Sparks Road Runner (if I remember the name right) was my holster of choice for a good many years with the 1911. However, you might look at this fellow's gear, Christopher Brown. He made custom paddle holsters and belts for me that are fabulous work; true leather art. Mash on the URL above. http://www.littlefeatherleather.com/....Bob Dodd

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the info guys,

Gary,

Checks in Mondays mail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.