1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: 1911 22 conversion kit

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by shooter99, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I'm looking for an Advantage or Ciener 22 conversion kit for Govnt model 1911.
    Send a PM or post here if you have such an item.

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

If you have a junk 1911 frame you will do well to use a after market 22 conversion kit. If you have a good 1911 frame buy the 22 conversion kit that was made for that frame. A Colt 22 conversion kit. You can find them on Guns America, Auction Arms and Gun Broker. Gun Broker has been the best in numbers of items and price. I was told to only use a Colt on a Colt, Sig on a Sig and so on. Some of the after market kits can damage the frames. That I was told by a gunsmith.

3. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

0   0   0

Had a colt. Nothing but problems. Sold it. Just shoot
    .45 for practice.

Doyal

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

0   0   0

Kimber conversions work well....can be found from 250 to a little over 300. Got mine on an old Norinco pin gun and it works fine with HS 22s

5. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Looking to put this on a Taurus PT1911. With the research I have done Kimber won't work without some mods to it and the Advantage or Ciener 22 conversion kit will work as is. The Advantage will stay open on last shot fired while the Ciener will not. Both should work with out mods.

6. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

0   0   0

I had an advantage on a Glock it worked fine and they were very pleasant to deal with??

7. trench12

trench12 TS Member

0   0   0

try a Marvel if you are looking for accuracy

8. ouch

ouch Member

0   0   0

Not trying to steal this thread, But I am looking for a kit to fit a Glock 22.

I have an original Colt kit with the "sliding chamber" 2 piece barrel, Dedicated to its own frame. It works great shooting Winchester Super X Copper bullets.

When I tried shooting lead bullets the wax ? lube and fouling would bind it up with in a few hundred rounds.

? Does anyone know of a.22 converstion kit to fit a 3rd generation Smith and wesson auto such as a 4006,6906,5906 or ? Thanks, Richard

9. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Why not buy a Ruger Mark III P45GC??

Designed to feel just like the 1911, and no need to change out slides, etc. (NOTE - there a few models of this 1911 style 22)

I saw one on Guns America for $230, new list is $335

10. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Richard,
    A friend of mine has a 22 conversion kit on his SW model 39. He says it will also fit a mod 59. Makes me wonder if it will fit the 3rd generations smiths. JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.