1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 1187 wood forend for son for Olympic skeet

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by creeves123, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creeves123

creeves123 TS Member

0   0   0

My son shoots for Mason Dixon clay Busters http://masondixonclaybusters.com/ We are trying to lighten up the front end of his synthetic 1187 so he can mount the gun from low mount and swing it fast enough to catch up with the Olympic Skeet targets.

2. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

0   0   0

IS THE BARREL STANDARD OR LIGHT CONTOUR. IF IT IS STANDARD, YOU NEED A STANDARD WT FOREND TO FIT OVER THE THICKER STANDARD WT BARREL. DID HE BORROW AND TRY A WOOD FOREND? I DON'T THINK THERE IS ENOUGH WEIGHT DIFFERENCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

PS. IF IT IS A STANDARD WEIGHT BARREL , SWITCHING TO A LC WILL REAP A LARGER WEIGHT REDUCTION.

3. creeves123

creeves123 TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the reply. We did already switch to a LC barrel, got it off trapshooter.com for $150..... what a deal:) Still want to do what I can to shave ounces of the front of the gun. Can't find anyone local here in south central Pa to try it out, and all the club 1187's are synthetic as well.
    Thanks again
    Chris

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

Practice,Practice, Practice. Jeff

5. creeves123

creeves123 TS Member

0   0   0

Agreed, but still looking.
    Chris

6. john ellis

john ellis Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

I have one, creeves123--let me know-where you are, and what you want to pay--IF it is for your son to shoot with--I will make you a real deal--John Ellis--ellisjre@aol.com

7. drgondog

drgondog Member

0   0   0

I shot a 24" 1100 worked over by USAF for several years - shot myself into NRA Master with it before switching to Mirage skeet. Won more w/Mirage.

8. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

0   0   0

Boyds stocks are making Monte Carlo stocks for 1100/1187. And said they would have foreends before the end of March, laminated or Walnut laser cut checkering

9. creeves123

creeves123 TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for your reply John. I just sent you an email about my son and the club he shoots with. Forgot to tell you in the email on the home page for the club he is seated front row far left with his second place Pa SCTP State Championship Trap medal:)
    Thanks,
    Chris

10. john ellis

john ellis Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

chris-- love to get the young men started--what a blessing--john

11. john ellis

john ellis Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Chris-got your money order today at one pm--shipped to you at 3 pm--ups lady said you will have it sometime on Thursday. your tracking number is 1zw329x40365981349--sure hope he enjoys it--you enjoy shooting with him--make some good memories--John Ellis-lifetime skeet-lifetime NRA-lifetime DAV--

12. creeves123

creeves123 TS Member

0   0   0

John,
    Thanks again for your generous offer. Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.