1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 1100 Baker Big Bore Barrel

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Rocketdog, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

0   0   0

Have a friend is still looking for a Baker Big Bore Barrel and wants to keep it in the 500.00 range .

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Has your friend shot one?? I bought an 800 Big Bore SB barrel and hated it. It makes darn near every shell sound like a dud and didn't break targets as well as the factory original full choke barrell. I paid $800.00 for mine and was VERY happy the day I sold for a BIG loss. Look into it before you buy one.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I don't have one for sale but I have had several and they shoot good. Never had a problem with any of them. I paid $500 for one a few years back but after that the value seemed to be around $350 - 400

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

The secret to a .800 Big Bore is the correct wad and no reduced loads.. They were built for a heavy payload and 9000 psi or more.. If you follow that simple rule.. you'll have very good results.. I now have a .800 bore Perazzi O/U and a Remington 1100.. Both have been problem free with the correct shells.. I gave $700 for my 1100 barrel with a pile of choketubes.. (they are $50.00 a pop today.. if you can get them).. All Good.. Mike

5. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I shot mine with Gold Medal 3 dram shells. I shoot from the 27 and that barrel was useless. Does anyone know of a great 27 yard shooter that shoots one of these every time he steps to the line? I doubt it.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I shot them from the back fence ( 40 yds+) I think you need to get the barrel checked or choke it

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

It's not the barrel that makes a great shooter.. If I were shooting from the parking lot.. and a heavy..sluggish barrel would not harm me.. I'd consider it.. My .800 bore O/U yielded me the same results as my MX-8 did on doubles..but I have evolved into a lighter.. quicker.. more responsive barrel..I was very impressed by what the .800 bore did with very specific reloads..but factory shells have always been marginal.. even the Winchester AA Super Handicap shells.. I also know of no one who shoots them regularly in trap.. NOW.. in the field.. WHOLE different game.. when you start throwing 1 3/8 oz #6's its an entirely different story.. SuperXJeff could help you greatly in that discussion..

8. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

CUBAN CIGAR: I bought mine new from SB...it came with 3 choke tubes. All of them were useless. I will take a factory 1100 barell any day over a BB from SB.

9. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I got one give me a call, it's not a Baker 330-705-8757 Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.