1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB/ 11-87 Back bored Trap barrel choke

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by NJCOP, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

0   0   0

Okay the people at Remington have their heads up their collective customer service asses. They use to have people who knew their products but you're better off talking on forums like these to get TRUE info. The rant is over. What is it about? I gave the barrel code to Rem customer service and they told me I had a standard RemChoke barrel .... buzzzzzz .... wrong. Upon shoving a candle into the muzzle of my barrel and micing the step down I determined that it was a Contricted BACK BORED BARREL. Sorry I didn't have the cash to send to Brownell's to buy a barrel micrometer and having done barrel plugging in Black powder guns I thought this would work and it did ... reasonably.

The barrel does not pattern as tightly as my 1970 870 full choke trap gun nor as evenly. The tube that's in it is FULL TRAP. Remington use to make a TRAP X-FULL tube for these barrels. I'm thinking that this tube might better match my 870 contriction. AM I RIGHT OR AM I WRONG?

If I'm right does anyone have one that they would part with at a reasonable price? if so please email me at copnj1301@yahoo.com

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

These 1187 Trap "Target" barrels came with three choke tubes, Trap Full, Super Full and Extra Full. I believe that the Full trap is the most open. FWIW. JM

3. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

0   0   0

TTT

4. leftex

leftex Active Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

NJCOP,

I have both a trap super full and a trap extra full. These are extra chokes that I do not use. Both appear unused. I would sell them for $20.00 each
    including shipping or $35.00 for the pair shipped.

Wayne

5. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.