1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 11-87 20 ga stock

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Pelopidas, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pelopidas

Pelopidas TS Member

0   0   0

WTB a wood Monte Carlo, skeet or stock with adjustable comb for a 20 ga 11-87 Remington. A left hand finish or cant that would be a big plus. Basic grade would be okay. Matching wood forearm would also be considered.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    FYI, you can fit a 12ga stock to a 20ga gun.

All that needs to be done is to reduce the size of the tenon that fits in the back of the stock. The stock bearing plate can be used as a rough guide. Mask off the face of the tenon and trace around the bearing plate, centering it on the hole in the stock (cut through the masking tape to expose the hole). The use either a very sharp wood chisel or an Xacto knife with a flat chisel blade, slowly and carefully shave down the outside of the tenon. It helps to cut shallow lines around the base of the tenon from the side. This keeps cuts clean. Check fitment in the receiver frequently.

I put 12ga monte carlo stocks on both my and my daughter's 20ga 1187s this way.

Visually, the stock is a wee bit wider on the sides, but this is not readily noticeable. The lower area by the trigger is the same. The upper part where it meets the top of the receiver stands a bit higher. If you're really ambitious this can be blended in, but I didn't bother. It's not a visual problem.

3. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have sent you an email with pictures of a 1187 20 gauges set.

Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.