1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 10mm Auto-colt or ?

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by big D, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big D

big D TS Member

0   0   0

Anyone have a 10mm auto for sale?? PM me please. Thanks, Dave Inman

2. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

0   0   0

Colt is making them again, buy a new one.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

First.. I would not buy a new Colt.. they are not the same as an older one.. The guy here had quite a few nice early ones.. when Colt still produced better firearms.. Second.. If I were buying a NEW one.. I'd buy a STI or a Springfield Armory.. Both excellent.. If you wanted to build your own.. Fustion Firearms sells a prefitted kit..and a 6" model in 10mm that's well within your relms of putting together..If you get into trouble Bob Servia is only a call away..or get in touch with me..and I'll walk you thru it.. You'll enjoy to 10mm.. and with a barrel change can shoot the cheaper 40 S&W.. All Good.. Mike

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

The Glock is a great shooting gun but not kind on brass.. However.. you'll only reload 10mm no more than 5 or 6 times.. MAX.. with full power loads..The chambers in a Glock are a wee bit larger so they feed 100%.. As I love the 1911's..I tend to go there..but my friend has and shoots a Glock 20.. Really nice gun.. The 1911 can quite easily give you a much better trigger however.. All Good.. Mike

5. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Fot your consideration:
    Glock 20C, 10mm, full size, compensated, NIB $589.00
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

6. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

0   0   0

I know nothing about Glock, but Delta Elite I had 2,sold one years back. I download the Colt but first I had to change the slide springs, had to make my own sort of to match the light load. A few years back I had it polished by Colt looks like a new gun.
    Also a H&K P7M10, 40 caliber thought about making it into a 10 but its not necessary as a hot 40 load is equal to a 10.
    They are not good shooters but great shooters.
    Many years back Colt ran into a frame problem with 10 mm's, some would crack, were cast frames.
    If the new ones ARE? being built with forged frames I cant see how any other companys gun could be better.
    IMO you just cant compare a Glock to a COLT not even in the same sentance
    Sorry for stepping on your post

7. tigerdvr

tigerdvr TS Member

0   0   0

slic lee, your opinion is that Glock and Colt should not be in the same sentence. Is that really fair if, as you say, you know nothing about Glocks? Seems a bit onesided.
    I am very new to trap shooting but have been involved in the practical side of hadgunning for about 40+ years. I hated the early Glocks but have a bunch now.
    My 30SF is always with me. You may well feel the same way about Glock after you check them out. Some people love 'em and some people hate 'em! YMMV
    This reply is not meant in a negative or derogative way, just an observation.
    Thanks Trapshooters.com for providing good information for us rookies.

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Both are excellent guns.. My preference to a 1911 is because I've shot them all my life.. I don't shoot a Glock worth a dip.. But that's because of the grip angle.. I'm just use to a 1911.. Many of my friends shoot Glocks..and they love them.. Same for Sigs.. and I have nothing but good to say about the Springfield they recently came out with..

Most 1911's now have cast frames.. Caspian is cast,then CNC machined.. What you need to watch for is WHO is doing the casting..and what quality control they have.. Caspian speaks for itself. Their slides are all machined out of barstock however.. Alot of the stuff made in South America is good enough in 45 acp..with the low pressures..but once you get to 40 S&W or 10mm..that's a different story.. Clark has a list on his website of the frames he's found to be suitable for the 45 Roland..which is a high pressure 45..

All Good.... Mike

9. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

0   0   0

Tigerdvr-I should have said I used a few Glocks and didnt like the grip angle compared to Colt 1911 impacted a few inches plus choice of ammo was limited in the Glock,especially the 10, couldnt use a 135 grain HV bullet

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

My friends Glock shoot anything that fits in the mag.. Even bullets loaded backwards to give a flat base.. Just need to polish the ramps and barrel correctly?? I guess.. I've never worked on a Glock.. but I shoot his..now and then..

My 10mm is built on a Caspian frame..with a Fusion slide and a Heinnie 40 S&W barrel rechambered to 10mm.. with a Wilson Comp on it.. I use between a 9 to 11 pound recoil spring with a 24 pound mainspring.. Next to no recoil.. and my brass never goes beyond 5 feet..max.. Very soft shooting gun.. once timed correctly.. plenty of noise and muzzle flash however.. Yes.. I'm sick.. I like the fireballs..(thank you BLUE DOT)....

I'm going to send a E-mail to Bob.. and see if he'll post something about the kits he sells in 10mm mag.. I think some of you might like it..

All Good.. Mike

11. big D

big D TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks Guys for all the info.

I am going with the 6" kit from Fusion Firearms.

Dave Inman

12. rrose

rrose TS Member

0   0   0

?? How much is the kit from Fusion and is it a kit to make a 45 into a 10 or a 10 into a 40. Can I use that kit on a Taurus bottom half? I would like to have a 10/40 on a 1911 frame but don't know a lot about the kits and workings of
    the kits beoing talked about.
    Thanks
    randy

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Randy.. Send me your phone number and I'll call you tonight..

14. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

If anyone thinks a 40 can be loaded to equal the 10mm, look at the manuals. The Big Ten is 200 fps faster with bullets that count, in the 170 gr range.

1350 fps is easily attainable in the 10 (!!!). 1150 is Red Line in the 40.

The Glock 20 is built to be a 10. The 20's slide is heavier than the 45 slide on the G-21. With good ammo, a bigger recoil spring and good sights, the G-20 can harvest deer sized game.

A dear friend of mine, and fellow revolver head, started carrying a G-29. WOW! THIS is a Roman Candle.

I have shot the 1911 in competition for decades, and used to train with a Sig P-226, but like the grip angle of the Glock better than any auto pistol. Go figure it! LOL

15. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

0   0   0

If the guy who had several Colt Delta's for sale sometime ago still has one that would be my choice. That Colt is made with a forged frame. There are some small improvements you can make and some of them had feeding problems with certain ammo but it's no big deal to fix. The talk about frame cracking is overblown, there is a thin area on all 1911's above the hole the slide stop fits into. Many 1911's will crack there after thousands of rounds, doesn't hurt a thing but with the Delta, Colt just cut out that area so there would be no possiblity of a crack.

AFAIK the only way to get true original 10mm performance is to reload or use Corbon or other specialty ammo. The mainstream ammo companies downloaded the 10 shortly after it came out, much like they did with the 357 magnum. With standard factory ammo the 40 is pretty close to the 10 but if you reload you can far surpass what the 40 will do because of the increased case capacity.

Don't forget about the 10mm revolvers, a little hard to find but a lot of fun and you can shoot a huge variety of loads with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.