1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: 10ga O/U

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Does anybody even make one of these? A 10ga autoloader kicks hard enough for me!

I get it, an April Fools joke.

ec90t

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

My 10 guage SP 10 remington does not kick as much as my 870 with trap loads. By the way it is still for sale.

3. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Call me I know where there is a 101 that was converted to 10 gauge.

Take care,

Jim

405-408-6525

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

As one that formerly performed warranty service and repair for Remington (in the golden years), the SP10 is one of the best shooting Big Tens around. Recoil reduction is paramount, and the big Green does the trick.

Why anyone would want a fixed breech Ten is beyond me. (whew)

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If my Sp-10 wasn't so darn heavy, I'd use it for grouse hunting. It's a soft shooter...for sure.

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Doug you would kill it and cleen it with one shot if there was anything left.

The only 10 ga. that I have experience with is a Ithaca autoloader.

ec90t

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I don't know if there is a current production 10ga O/U but there were some foreign made ones, I believe Spanish made. The recoil has to be a killer.

8. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Until geese get bigger, tougher, faster, smarter and start wearing flack jackets, I'll continue to use a 2 3/4" 12ga.

Don't know about a 10ga in an O/U, but there are 10ga SXS guns floating around, mostly older Spanish guns. In as much as most of the cheaper and older Spanish guns were known to double, I would probably load one shell at a time.

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Richland model 810 is what I have. These were made in italy and back in theh lead days this gun had no equal. It is a double trigger O/U ten ga mag. That said I also own two SP-10 Remingtons and I suggest you buy an SP-10 Remington. A remington SP-10 with steel shot kicks like a trap gun. When the Superblack eagle benili's came out and all my buddys bought them they couldn't believe the diffrence in recoil between my Remington's in 10 ga and the 3 1/2 inch Benili's. Not only that the Big tens reach farther. If lead were still legal I would buy a Soft Touch or a g-Squared and put it on my Richland but with steel loads being only 1 1/2 or so the SP-10 is just a joy to shooot. I have shot 2OZ lead loads in it and they kick but nothing like they do in the O/U 10 mag. Jeff

10. Duck

Duck Member

repeteclay,

Say What, please post some photo's!.

11. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Armsport made one look on Gunbroker may be one for sale.....Don

12. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Here ya go. San Marco 10ga o/u.

There is also a 10ga o/u with 23 inch barrels. Bet that thing has some muzzle blast.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=69242657

Jim

13. Duck

Duck Member

Thank's repeteclay!.

I would really like to see photo's of it, is this conversion something you made or had made?.

14. Shane in WI

Shane in WI TS Member

I think American Arms made a 10 guage O/U. I saw one several years ago in a local shop. I have a Browning BPS. Great gun. Every year or so I load up some lead loads and shoot a round of trap with it. Great fun to watch the fire shoot out the barrel over a foot during night shoots.

15. Duck

Duck Member

Pete,

Thank's E on the way!.

16. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I have a Browning Gold 10. I wonder if the recoil is similar to the SP-10.
    Todd

17. RogerF/Nebr

RogerF/Nebr TS Member

Yes We had a American Arms 10 O/U still see a few of them they shoot nice not terrible on recoil I would guess you should be able to find a used one 400-550 range . I have since put my dbls away and went to a Br Gold 10 love it! Also went to a terror chocke on it and shoots awesum!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.