1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WT12 wads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RAD, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAD

RAD Member

Are WT12 wads the same as WAA12 wads?

2. SC Trap

SC Trap TS Member

According the the Winchester data, they are very similar but not identical. The WT-12 wad is a lower cost item. I have used both over the years and did not notice a difference.

Ed

3. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Econo line from AA. Same mold, different plastic. But an answer to your question is yep but cheaper.

Look to Blue Dusters for cheaper prices than Westerns, same wad configuration, and they load very, very slick. I am sure you would like them.

4. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Answer...No. Most of the reloading data allows you to substitute for AA, but not all powders. WT-12 wads and 17 Gr. Red Dot was a max load w/ pressure close 10,500 in a AA hull. They also have more felt recoil (per local club survey). Best always load per the manual.

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Most people who use them do so interchangeably with the AA12. They do, however, produce an abundance of plastic build-up in the barrel.

Buz

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

just my opinion/experience but i use them because i think that they work better than anything out there in the new style aa's.

brett d.

7. JonP

JonP Member

Ditto on the plastic fouling - especially in the first part of the choke tube.

Jon

8. BBB

BBB TS Member

I have heard some reloaders complain that they don't pattern as well in the colder temps, as the WAA12 does. I have used them with no problems, or plastic fouling.

Worst plastic fouling I ever saw was from whatever wad they use in factory Winchester steel waterfowl loads. What a pain to clean the barrel! For some reason I don't get that problem with the Kent steel loads though.

9. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

They are better than regular AA's! Have used many thousands, use them with exact same loads. The petals on the shot cup don't fold over all the time like they do on AA's. I don't like the thought of some BB's falling outside the shot cup in the reloader. Probabaly none of us can imagine how much that happpens with some wads. BUT, blue dusters are great too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cb1100 wad versus wt12 wad