1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WT12 VS WAA12

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dr.t, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr.t

dr.t TS Member

According to reloading manuals these are ballistically the same but the WT12 was created to save reloaders money. What makes the WT12 different than the WAA12 other than color. I appreciate your thoughts.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

WT-12 causes pressure to rise on some loads. Check your manuals and don't substitute without checking.

3. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

I've had great sucess wth the WT-12, winchester 209 primer and 1 1/8 of 7 1/2's in AA hulls. 16.8 grains of red dot equals 1200 FPS chronoed. Same as the red AA's new.

I might give the slight nod to original AA wads when using my MEC loaders. They may be a slight bit smoother or slicker to feed but in reality are very close. Nice cost savings with the WT-12. It will also work for 1 oz loads with no changes on my MEC's. Makes a good sporting load at around 1300 fps.

Eddie

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The WT-12 is made from recycled plastic. HMB

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I use the WT12 interchangeably with WAA12 and when necessary with either the Blue Duster or the Claybuster Wad when loading 1.125oz lead. I also use the WT12 in my steel loads for my 3/4 oz steel #7 loads (1.125 oz lead volume)

No worries/failures even in the most frigid Chicago Winters this season!

Jay Spitz

6. porky

porky TS Member

WT12 is a less expensive wad made out of recycled plastic. It is supposed to not be as flexible in cold weather as the WAA12 wad in the cup area, meaning that it isn't supposed to seal as well when it has 9-10,000 PSI behind it forcing it down the barrel with the pressure due to a minor explosion creating ??? degrees. On paper, it probably won't work as well,but in reality it seems to do okay. I have seen a photograph and instructions on how to make a shotgun out of paper mache, I don't know how well the wad would seal that barrel in any kind of weather. I use the WT12 in all types of weather with no problems.

7. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

The WT-12, as stated previously, is made from re-cycled plastic. Two of the downsides of this practice are poor sealing in cold weather and excessive plastic build-up in your barrel. If you insist on the AA/or copy...try the DownRange replacement. It's made from the same top grade plastic as their WJ that I use. My supplier get's 67.50 per case of the AA replacement and 58.50 for the WJ. Never any plastic build-up in 75,000 rounds.

Cheers,
    Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

differenve between waa12 and wt12 wads

is wt12 a substitute for waa12