1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WST/Windjammer

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wayneo, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Got some WST to try from a friend, but can only find three recipes on Hodgdon's web site, and one on Windjammer's using the components I have. My components are: 12 ga. Win HS & Nitro hulls, Win primer, the old Windjammer 1-1/8 oz. wads. I would like to load some at 1150 and 1200fps. Anybody know how much WST to drop with those components? Thanks, Wayne

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

If hodgdon had three loads listed for you and one over at Windjammer with your exact components, what else are you looking for? Their loads usually provide charge weight and velocities last time I looked. If your EXACT components are NOT listed, then give Hodgdons a shout and they can advise you. I would think that somewhere around 18.5gr (1150) and 20.0gr (1200) for the AA Hulls would be somewhere close. I have not seen many/any loads under 10,000 PSI in a Remington hull at 1145 fps with WST. I don't remember seeing any listed for 1200 fps. That could tell you something. Exactly what the pressures would be or if it would be safe, I can't say. An inductive chronograph and pressure testing equipment would tell you more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.