1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WSRC "The Grand American"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Well, i just went out to the WSRC and shot some practice rounds with a very friendly gentleman from Brazil. There is quite a few campers already there and it looks like they have got the place almost ready to go for the big game. Vendors tents are up and the grass is mowed. Good luck to everyone and have a safe trip there and back.----Matt

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

WSRC

They had green grass last year, lot's of it. Even the planted tree's were green. Looking forward to this year.

3. grntitan

WSRC

Trees and grass are both looking good this year. We had plenty of rain this spring and early summer to green things up. Knock on wood our temps have been awesome this year.----Matt

4. grntitan

WSRC

EE---That was last year, this is this year. What's YOUR point?----Matt

5. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

WSRC

TPS, got this from the WSRC website. Hope it helps.

GPS Coordinates: 39 degrees, 11 minutes and 16.3 seconds N
    89 degrees, 45 minutes and 25.5 seconds W

Steve

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

WSRC

Alternatively, you can use 10400 Doza Creek Rd., Sparta, IL as shown in the link above.

Mapquest has an up-to-date satellite view, google maps doesn't.

Which just means that on google you can see how it looked before the WSRC was built.

7. grntitan

WSRC

EE---I'm not sure what your issue with my post is but i'm not trolling like you put it nor was i whining about anything. I simply made a statement of how nice they have the WSRC looking for the Grand. I think even the casual observer could see that(obviously you can't EE).----Matt

8. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

WSRC

WSRC is a great place to shoot. I expect it will get better every year. 2 years ago it was too hot but last year the weather was perfect. I am looking forward to another great week in Sparta. If you have not been there , don't knock it.

Charlie

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

WSRC

grntitan, Not trying to be combative but your original post here did sound like an ambush. As a friendly suggestion, sometimes a statement meant to be humorous reads a lot like a smart ass or pejorative remark to those who don't understand or appreciate your humor. You gotta be careful Dude.

10. grntitan

WSRC

Barry--Your freakin' kiddin me right? You mean because i made the statement that i went to the complex and shot practice , was impressed at the hard work the workers have put into the upkeep, said the grass and trees were nice and green and finally told everyone to have a safe trip that i may have sounded like a smart ass??? Are you people all living in some paranoid world where everyone is out to get you? What in the hell did i say that projected smart ass or pejorative remark? Now i am being a smart ass. I give up.----Matt

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

WSRC

Matt, I don't think either one read your post. Hap

12. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

WSRC

Mr. Charles, I sent you an email, Leo has an empty spot in today's class and also tomorrow. I know today is awfully short notice, but he's welcome. Tomorrow is also a small class.

13. grntitan

WSRC

Mr. Charles----I'm a whole 10 minutes away from the largest trap facility in the World. I still can't believe that myself. I believe i may have met you before at Rend Lake. Do you shoot there often?

14. grntitan

WSRC

Mr. Charles----Yep thats where i met you not to mention at the youth shoots at Sparta. I help with Sparta's team because my 15 year old is on there. I have also talked to you at Rend Lake. You may not know me but we have talked and you would reconize me. I will introduce myself next time i see you. Are you bringing any boys to the Grand?----Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.