1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

WSRC Camping Specifics Needed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Active Member

Last year I paid for a five year lease on a camping spot at the WSRC and thought it was to reserve that spot for the major shoots there. I understand that the ATA governs the camping spots for the Grand only. Does my lease include all the other shoots where the IDNR governs those, as well?
  2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Active Member

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Barry:
    My understanding is the lease entitles us to our space for the Grand AND

"The customer is also granted a license to use the site for additional seven (7) day event-periods each calendar year that the ATA may schedule at the WSRC under ATA's agreement with IDNR. IDNR will notify the member of the dates of the additional events upon the scheduling of these events by the ATA and conditioned on ATA exercising ATA's rights under the ATA's agreement with IDNR."

The above quote is directly from the Lease agreement I have.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL
  4. bubbasdad92

bubbasdad92 Member

I don't know if leases purchased before the camping was turned over to the ATA are still good for all 3 shoots, or not. I purchased a lease from the ATA early this year after they took over the camping and was told it was good for the Grand American only, so I also leased a site for the U.S. Open. When I got my lease, it had the language Gene quoted, so I requested a refund on my U.S. Open fees. No luck! I was told the new leases through the ATA are good for the G.A. only. They just hadn't gotten that section deleted from the lease forms. The ATA also made some other changes, I believe.
  5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The ATA handles the camping for the Grand only. The IDNR handles the camping for the remainder of the year. If you took out a lease with the ATA, all you got was the Grand or Grands depending on the length of your lease. If you took out the lease from the IDNR, you will have to check with them to see what your lease entitles you too. It is my understanding that those with full long term leases through the IDNR must notify them a certain length of time before they are going to use their spot. 30 days notice sticks in my mind but definately do not quote me on that as I am not certain.
  6. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

It does not include the other shoots. Not only did the price get jacked up, but we lost the shoots that previously were included.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.