1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WSF Powder ?'s

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kiwiG, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

WSF Powder ?

Hi Guys, I picked up some WSF and WSF1 powder at a garage sale. Are they the same powder? Primarily a game powder can it be used for targets? Can anyone suggest a load using WSF powder and 1oz shot? Kind Regards-Graham.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

WSF is a fine grained slow burning ball powder. It works very well for 20 guage loads. You can also use it in the 12 guage with 1 1/8 oz of shot. HMB

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

WSF is not a powder for 12ga 1oz loads. For the 20 ga, it might be suitable. I believe the difference between the WSF and the WSF1 is the size of the package they came in. I'm not sure, but I think the WSF1 is a one pound can. To be sure, contact Hodgdon, since they are now the manufacturer/distributor of the Winchester powders. You can also find loading data at www.hodgdon.com. It's a good powder for heavier 1 1/8 oz loads and loads with heavier payloads in the 12 ga. It will also work fine for a variety of loads in the 20 ga.

4. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks Guys. I've bookmarked a site that was helpful. The guy selling the stuff also had some 700-X...I guess I'll be back to see him. Cheers-Graham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
wsf for 1oz loads
wsf loads in 12 ga
wsf powder
wsf powder trap loads

wsf1ozpowderload