1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Writing to your Democratic Representatives.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by W.R.Buchanan, Jun 15, 2013.

1. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Here's a little tidbit for all of you politically active shooters out there and especially ones living in states that are controlled by Democrats.

When you write your Reps to oppose gun laws they are thinking about passing make sure to tell them that you are a shooter and a Democrat and that you oppose these laws.

Letters and responses from Republicans get canned.

However if you state you are a Democrat they will listen to you because supposedly you elected them!

I wouldn't worry about the ethics of a small fib like this since our whole Democratic administration is the biggest bunch of lying aholes I have ever seen.

I am absolutely serious about this tactic. It is spreading like wildfire here in CA and is the only way to get their attention to stop all this vagina- pintata with gun control.

If they think they won't get re-elected they might just stop where they are.

Nothing scares a politician more than uncertainty.

Randy

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The democrats are experts at getting just enough safe votes to pass their legislation, leaving dems in tough reelection situations to cast a safe vote. Never take it for granted that because ANY politician casts a vote you favor that he won't cut your throat next time.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

A guy at the club was telling me he's been a Registered Democrat for many years - for the sole purpose of voting against their stronger candidates in the primaries. Who could blame him after all the Democrats have done to destroy our country and the principles upon which it was founded? But then again, since Reagan left office the Republicans haven't been much better (especially from a fiscal responsibility standpoint).

-Gary

4. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

"The first casualty of war is the truth".

Read what Hillary wrote about in her BA thesis, on Saul Alinky's Rules for Radical's.

Kip

5. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I read a bunch of this and I have to tell you, I agree with alot of what is being said.

The problem is that we as conservatives are villifying what Hildegard and more properly Alinsky are saying, instead of using the exact same tactics against the ones who think they know what it means.

The one thing that stood out in my brief encounter with this tome (which I intend to read completely thru) was the definition of "Liberal and Radical."

A liberal is someone who wants change, but is not willing to fight for it.

A Radical wants change and IS willing to fight!

Another definition I found intersting is the role of the "Community Organizer."

Teh role of the Community Organizer is to piss off the community! period. Seems like it works too. But why wouldn't it work for the other side as well.

It is high time that we as conservatives start using the same rules to advance our causes that Liberals are using.

After reading a bunch of this stuff All I see is an analysis of the mechanics of human behavior.

These points is equally applicable to both liberal and conservative ideologies.

Something to thnk about?

Randy

6. Mapper

Mapper Member

I once owned a copy of Alinskey's book. I thought he was a crackpot. I still think he was a crackpot, but a smarter one than I first thought. Those of you who are old dudes like me probably didn't think things needed too much changing back then. Civil rights was getting straightened out, crime was fairly low, and gas for our hot rod cars was a pittance of what it is now. Jobs were plentiful and if a person had a little education, they paid the bills, with a bit left over. I would never have believed that things would get to where they are. Probably that is a result of not paying attention. Now I am cured of that malady, but perhaps too late.

7. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Rick: I hear what you are saying but I don't think that these tactics are all that reprehensible. I have not delved into the majority of them however, and only scratched the surface.

That definition of Liberal and Radical is the major point.

But I submit,,,How much difference is there between a liberal who is unwilling to fight and a conservative who is unwilling to fight?

They may be diametrically opposed in idealogy but they're still both Pussies and won't do anything about it.

I think the majority of us are Radicals, or at least at heart.

Maybe we should know the rules that radicals operate under?

Knowledge is the greatest weapon we can possess and no one can be overloaded with it. God knows there are more than enough stupid people in this world.

I say read and learn ,,, the people we hate most really aren't all that much different than us..

Randy

8. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

After reading more about thsi subject on Wikipedia, Both topics, Saul Alinsky and "Rules for Radicals"

I found that the Tea Party officials are all given Rules for Radicals as thier basic operating orders.

Rule #5 is ridicule is mans most potent weapon.

How many times have you seen the left use this?

The perfect counter is, "Oh so that's rule #5 you're using? Really?"

When the play book is exposed, it all comes down to who is better at using it.

Randy

9. beeper

beeper Member

"most of us on the Right, have morals and a sense of right vs wrong. We believe in truth and honor."

Barker, that's a good one. I almost wet my pants when I read it.

beeper