1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wrist starting to hurt when I shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by romie, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

It flares up when I shoot.What can you do to prevent it while shooting, I wonder if I am gripping the gun too tight.
    Monty

2. romie

romie Active Member

Not all doctors are trap shooters,,, Dummy! Besides they charge right or wrong!!! Its free either way on TS.C

3. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

romie

I had a similar problem... and cured it by adding 1/2 inch to the length of pull with one of those black plastic spacers. I hope this helps you.

Good luck

Gavin

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

romie- Make certain you are not putting your wrist in an unnatural position when you mount your gun.-- Try to keep your arm, wrist and hand as a single, locked unit that moves together with your upper body.

Pat Ireland

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

When I was in high school, I would just change hands.

Doug

EDIT---OOPS!!--Sorry, wrong subject!!

6. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Have you considered having it checked out and diagnosed with a surgeon and see what he might charge for a arthroscopic amputation somewhere between the ginglymus type of joint and the afflicted area.

Chances are you have an inflamed wrist from some other injury and shooting inflames it to the point of hurting ... take some aspirin or something before shooting or lay off shooting for awhile and if its that bad and if it does not get better go see a doctor.

7. trapat

trapat TS Member

Romie,

I had something similiar: it was a cyst that caused tendonitis. The docs wanted to remove it via surgery - I would'nt let them do it and wound up taking an anti inflamatory drug called Mobic. I take it as needed and the pain goes away in a few hours -No side effects.

Hope this helps, Pat Christopher

8. YUKONJACK

YUKONJACK TS Member

Sounds to me like the ritus boys have attacked you,In case you do not know the ritus boys,Arthur is the worst one.The way I have chased him out of my life is by taking "Fish Oil Concentrate"2,000 milagrams every eve when I go to bed.I asked a couple of Drs.about it as my mother was on heavy heart medication,and he told me there was nothing in it that would hurt by taking it.He said it makes sense as fish don't get old arthur and they are in water all the time.Hope this helps.Yukon Jack.Forgot to tell you to take it after your meal.

9. romie

romie Active Member

Thanks,, I think I do put a death grip which puts it in an unatural position. I know I can take something to make it stop but not long term.Yukon Jack I'll try anything once fish oil will be something new I am sure my wife will laugh at me. by the way I am 54 years old
    Monty

10. yenko

yenko TS Member

if its the forearm wrist try using a palm padded shooting glove to take some of the twist out, worked for me,ron.

11. romie

romie Active Member

Sorry it is the trigger hand
    Monty

12. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

Are you shooting a thumbhole Stock?
    That hurt my wrist too. Wrist ends up taking some of the recoil.
    Loose that if you are.

13. YUKONJACK

YUKONJACK TS Member

Don't give up on the Fish Oil too soon.It will take a little while for it to work,believe me it will work.Good Luck;Yukon Jack

14. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Gun-DR, switching hands only makes your eye sight poorer in both eyes

15. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i have an article somewhere stating that quaker oats & something mixed together & applied to arthritic areas will relieve pain. if interested i can find the article & post it on here or email me & i can email it to you. dwain

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Stop by Walmart pharmacy area and get one of those wrist braces that folks use that have carpal tunnel...and take plenty of naproxen...Where do I send my bill for the internet office visit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

wrist injury from shooting a gun