1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wrights Gun Shop

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SShooterZ, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Just got back my Model 12 in 16 gauge from Wright's for a total restore and you won't believe how nice it looks!!

I mean, it looks like new out of the box. Outstanding job and nice people to work with.

I would highly recommend them for any Model 12 restore as I couldn't believe my eyes.

Now, the only problem I have is it seems the breech bolt has falling too far back in the receiver to catch on the action slide. Any suggestions?

2. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

I would send it back, if it was restoration that should have been addressed. MR II

3. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

I think it should just be a simply fix of getting it to hook but I can't for the life me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

4. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

I called Wright's when I had a question on an SX1. They connected me to their gunsmith. He was friendly, patient, and best of all really knew what he was talking about.

I'm sure if you call them, they can solve your problem.

Jim

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Wrights are the gunsmiths.Jeff

6. Urbans

Urbans Member

The Top shelf of Model 12 restoration.

7. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

I figured it out. It was my bad.

I'm still in awe at how nice this gun looks. If you would have seen it before you would have sworn it was a different gun.

8. atashooter

atashooter Member

If God had a Model 12 to repair, he'd send it to Stu ....

9. primer

primer TS Member

No he would use Herb.

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

what was the cost. I have one I would like to do

11. davnport

davnport Member

I got it, Bullfrog!!

12. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Ljutic owners! Do not rule Wright's out if you need work on your lguns! I sent one to him which was built in 92-93 era. Was a fabulous gun but deperately needed reblued! This gun was too good of a gun to sit in the cabinet in its condition. They tightened foreend(glass bedded the iron), tightened the action as it was loose, reblued etc. Grand total of $500+ and was returned 3 1/2 weeks earlier than they forecasted on the phone! When I called Ljutic, it was obvious the bill was going to be in the $1000-$1200 area. No brainer to me. Workmanship was great and the gun looks new except grass stains here and there! Tom Rhoads

13. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

A number of years ago I had a problem with my browing at the Grand. I went to the Browning factory reps. and was told that they could not touch my gun because it had a release trigger. The browning rep. then told me to go to Wrights gun shop. I did and have been back with other people that needed help on numerous occasions. Both Stu and his Son are great people. Last year on my way to the Grand I stopped by there shop, the young lady who was in charge gave me a tour of the shop WOW. Just be careful of the big wild dog....

14. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I have had Wright's update the insides of a Super X1 and they did a great job at a fair price. I know they do a lot of Model 12 restoration work. I have a 4 digit Winchester Model 61 octagon barrel 22 lr. pump. Would Wright's be a good place to get this gun restored?

15. DickG

DickG TS Member

I have a 682X. Bought it as an O/U to shoot doubles. Bought a single barrel to make it a combo. I had Herb Orre choke a gun years ago, and it was really great.
    I contacted Stu Wright, and asked him if he could duplicate Herb's work due to their relationship. I asked him for a choke to use from 16yd. to 25. He did a great job on it. BTW, it really breaks targets cleanly from 27 as well.

P.S. If anyone is interested in it, we can talk. O/U also has Briley thin wall chokes. Adjustable stock by NCP Products. Nice shape. $2000.00

You can contact me at r.gudin@att.net

16. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

How about posting some pictures of your newly restored model 12?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

wright gun shop

wrights gun shop

wrights guns

wrights gunshop