1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wrights gun shop Tel number please

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Potosky, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

http://www.wrightsgunsmiths.com/index.htm

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I have been around release triggers for 30 years, I've been to Timney's home/shop dozens of times, but have never seen or heard of a 870 disconnector used on a 1100 trigger. I don't think anything is missing.

Most of my shooting career was done with semi-autos. I started with an Remington 1100 with a Timney release and after a couple of years moved on to a more reliable gun, the Winchester Super-X with a Hoblit release, which I still use.

There is no need to be nervous about a semi-auto with a release. Here is what I have always done whenever there is a broken target or any other reason to disconnect the sear. While holding the trigger back in the set position with your trigger finger, turn the receiver a quarter turn counter clockwise, now reach over the receiver with your left hand and pull the bolt handle back about halfway, now with the bolt halfway open, release your finger on the trigger, now release the bolt handle which will close the bolt. You are now ready to reset the trigger and call for another target. If you wanted to unload the gun you would not have released the bolt handle, but would have opened the bolt all the way and removed the shell.

Hope this helps, I have never seen it done any other way.

Tom Strunk

3. Tom Strunk

Let me get this straight. You are saying that you have a 870 disconnector, installed by Wright's on your 1100 Timney release trigger, right? You are also saying that you have two 1100 Timney triggers with this 870 disconnector installed? As I stated I have never heard or seen this, if you have time could you post a picture of this ??

Thanks

Tom Strunk

4. fracdog

fracdog TS Member

I just purchased a Timney release from Wrights for my 1100, it does have a disconnector were the pic shows it missing.

5. Tom Strunk

I have just returned from the Grand at Sparta.

As my request for a photo of a 1100 release trigger with a 870 disconnect installed was never responded to,I doubted it. I made a point to go to the Wright's Gunsmithing booth and ask about it.

I talked to the gunsmith that makes the 1100 release triggers at Wright's, and he said that he is the one that makes the release trigger's there and YES they do add a 870 style disconnect on the 1100 release triggers. I thought you would like to know this as I have never seen it done by anyone else, thanks for the fueling my interest. I was wrong.

Tom Strunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.