1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wright's Chokes reviews

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doughboy, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Doughboy

Doughboy Member

Wright

Please provide your reviews/thoughts on the benefit of Wright's chokes over the others please. Is there really a benefit to this over stock mfg chokes? I don't know anyone with any to conduct my own sample testing. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Kurt

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I've always liked them. Remember, the choke guys specialize in chokes and barrels. the manufacturers specialize in building and selling guns...

Ford, Chevy and Dodge don't build race cars....

Beretta and Perazzi..

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I can't prove anything such as substantial gains over other chokes. I will say, the ones I have provide excellent patterns and flat turn targets inside out. Of course when I do my part that is.

I have a #8 Beretta Optima for my 682 Gold E Trap and a #7 and #8 Invector Plus for my Browning BT99. Wright's are great chokes in my opinion. You would have to show me proof of better chokes.

4. BigM-Perazzi

AND, their only a half hour away!! *snicker*

5. Doug Kennedy

Doug Kennedy Active Member

Snicker. Their only 5 blocks from me Plus I play cards at Stu and Sharons house on thurday nites

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Alright, that is cheat'n Doug.

Me being roughly 20 miles from their shop helps not to mention I see Stu just about every Thursday at the WSRC for the youth team practices.

7. Doug Kennedy

Doug Kennedy Active Member

Matt, next time you see Stu, ask him about my better half shooting a deer with a superx1 trap gun

8. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Doughboy, I bought a Citori Trap last spring that came with a Wright's #9 choke and changing wrench. (extra full). It patterns off center! I own a dozen Briley chokes. They are all dead center! Just one case.... Martinpicker

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have shot several of them that were not a good fit- either come loose after a couple of shots or lock in so tight you could barely get them out- that was gas debris getting up under the back edge of the choke

We had a barrel they threaded that was the worst of all and sent back several times- he never fixed it

Regards from Iowa

Gene

10. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I have also tried them and didn't get the best of results. Same thing my friend experienced.
    Won't buy again.

11. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

WELL, i have had Wright's Thread (3) K-80 barrels for me and they worked GREAT. I ran some 100's with the Wright's chokes so seems they work DANG GOOD. Oh wait, i did miss some targets SO It HAD to BE the CHOKE TUBES -- "NOT". NOW this is just my opinion !!!!!!but, go ahead and buy Briley choke tubes or send a barrel to them AND wait (?) months and when you finally get it back and there are (4) DEEP scratches on the barrel and call BRILEY and you are TOLD "it was like that when it arrived" and they HANG UP------ then HELL yes KNOCK Stu's Work. !!!!!!! OK you saw this is just my opinion-- GO AHEAD and beat me UP !!!!!!!!!!!! Joe Whitehurst joe90t

12. pitchpopper

pitchpopper Active Member

I'd hang up on you as well, Joe.............

13. BigM-Perazzi

we're sending a Beretta barrel back to briley with a shredded choke tube and a bulged barrel....

14. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Well Dang pitchpopper, It appears you and i will NOT become BEST Friends. Is it because i had a BAD Deal with Briley or you JUST do not LIKE ME.Should I have NOT called them and told them they scratched the Barrel. Pray Tell WHAT would you have done. Say Hi to your Mom ??????? JOE WHITEHURST joe90t

15. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Why not try Wilkinson for chokes and barrel work?

16. pitchpopper

pitchpopper Active Member

Joe's a bully.

17. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

That is TRUE--5'8--220lbs--70 years old--Yep That's ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garyd thanked this.
  18. Duke2005

Duke2005 Member

Joe...are you really that old??.........lol........

Neil Winston thanked this.
  19. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Dick's chokes are good enough to be standard equipment on Blasers, and I've had good luck with them.

They seem to be a little better made than some I've seen, like Browning chokes, for example, but at the end of the day, chokes either pattern or they don't. There's no magic involved.

I suggest you try a couple and take them to the patterning board to see how they work.

20. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Who is Dick?

The chokes that come standard with all Blasers are manufactured by Briley.

Search tags for this page
patterns of wrights choke tubes
wright choke tubes
wright chokes
wrights choke tubes
wrights choke tubes for krieghoff

wrights chokes

wrights chokes review

wrights chokes reviews