1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WRC Not On Google Earth Yet

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 320090T, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Sparta Complex Not On Google Earth Yet

How far behind are the satelite images from Google Earth? I checked the Sparta complex today and it is not there yet. It is really cool to view various gun clubs and see the place from the air and the clubs surroundings.

2. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Some of Google Earth is at least five to six years old. It has taken that long to map the earth by space cameras in orbit.

I say five years old or old because my house roof has not been that dark colored shingles for the last six years.

According to Google the Grand is still in Vandalia.

Rock

Jim

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've noticed.....some area are really blured. Hopefully the Sparta area will get an update soon.....It's cool that I can tell what year the image of my farm was shot ('05) as I can see where I parked my pivot and combine.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The potential is something else....

We are going to Rochester Brooks (Rush, NY) this weekend to shoot a Sporting clays tournament.

A Microsoft Virtual Earth shot of the grounds.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=r4rcbc8hsqbw&style=o&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=9995309&encType=1

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Google and other mapping programs still show some vehicles at my house that I got rid of three to four years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.