1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wrap Shooting Glasses

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ke4yyd, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

I have seen at least two new "Wrap" shooting glasses advertised recently. Lehman Optical and Randolph. Anyone have any experience with these products or other products that have a true "wrap" protection??

2. Robert Gonzalez

Robert Gonzalez TS Member

Anybody know if either of these wrap-around glasses are available with RX (prescription) lenses?

3. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I was told no when I asked.

4. Fyrman

Fyrman TS Member

Alan Lehman uses L&M Lenses 8 Base RX lenses for his new wrap frames.
    -Nils

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I bought a pair of Randolph's about a month ago. I like them, pretty sure you can get prescription lenses for them. Bill

6. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

I shoot with the Randolph XLW's. I checked into getting prescription lenses for mine, but its not possible. You can get a prescription insert that must be used along with the Randolph lens.

The problem is the "wrap around" shape of the lenses. Apparently its not possible to grind the lenses accurately that have that shape.

I was told the same thing by several who supply presciption lenses for the regular Rangers.

By the way I really like the XLW's.

hubcap

7. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

I purchased these "wrap" glasses in 05 and the dealer assured me that they would be o.k. for my prescription.Cost was approx.$200.00. i ordered a pair and sent him and her my lens prescription and WAITED and CALLED until finally after they were finifhed travelling to their various shoot locations I received my glasses. They were terrible!The script was not right and I was able to see better without them.I called them and had them returned--another 4 weeks passed and they then arrived --still way off in the script--sent back yet again and was told that "they made the right eye with the left script and vice-versa.I know that was not the case but what could I do? Sent them back again and was told that "oh by the way that will be another $30.00--reluctantly I gave them the o.k. and when they sent them to me again I had been charged on my original credit card-$50.00.Furthermore the script was still "off" and I took the glasses to my optometrist and he viewed them under his lens reading machine to find that the script was 1-not correct and that 2 the actual script was only the size of a small coin and was placed in only a small area of the lens and did not encompass the majority of the lens as when you actually look through a different area of the lens when your head is down to shoot.I am so dis-satisfied that the glasses are now in a drawer and I have never used them.All in all about three months of B.S.

8. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

The problem I have with 8 base curve, is on stronger prescription the outside edge of the lens get too thick for the frame cleat. A little custom grinding and reshaping the cleat may allow for use, but the average guy selling prescription shooting glasses doesn't want a lens falling out on the concrete while the shooter is on the way to a 100 straight. I recommend the 6 base curve for prescription, will make the 8 base under protest, beware. The only place you will see clear on any glasses is the center if the prescription. The goal is to set the center based on pupil distance and where you look through the lenses while shooting.

New Bob Allen shooting glasses.

Maltzie

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

This is what i found to use until I find what I am looking for. Great so far for the money. The nose piece is kinda lame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.