1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wrap around shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kevin Nelson, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Kevin Nelson

Kevin Nelson Member

Does anyone use the wrap around shooting glasses, and if so what brand are you using? The ones I have tried, the nose piece blocks out the targets. I am having trouble with the wind making my eyes water and then loosing a few targets because of it. I now use the randolphs with blinders.

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I wear the Pilla shooting glasses "no post". There's nothing in the way of your view. The Pilla panther is a great version, but they are kinda pricey. You'll find them used for $500 with 3 lenses. The Pilla website advertises them for $779 brand new. You might find a deal at $450, but not very often.

Kevin

3. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Plus 1 for Bucko43 I use Panthers also. One eyed shooter, get tired of looking around a post. Scott

4. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

I use the Decot 'Revel'. It blocks the wind and my eyes don't blur as much as they used to.

5. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

I too use the Pilla Panther no post glasses. I really like the glasses, however to date I have yet to find blinders that work well with them. I have tried four different kinds of Blinders and still have not found any that I am happy with. To teh point that I use the glasses without blinders. If I end up on a squad with a lefty or a shorter yardage shooter that fidgets around. I will switch back to my Post 4 glasses. The Pilla's are nice glasses. THey sure do put a pinch on the pocket book though.
    Jim Bradbury

6. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Jim,
    My wife bought me a pair of side blinders with an eagle and the American flag on it Jim, I will find out where you can go and look at them and get back to you, they fit the glasses very well. Scott

7. In Clay We Crush

In Clay We Crush TS Member

I have the Pilla outlaw x... They are awesome.

8. lostandout

lostandout Member

l&m shooting glasses

9. lctrapshooter

lctrapshooter Active Member

Lads & Lasses,

I have very sensitive eyes that water from the wind. I have tried various blinders and wrap around glasses to no avail. I wear prescription glasses. Last week in desperation I tried a pair of cheap ($3.95) soft plastic safety goggles over my prescription glasses.

People laughed, but I stifled the laughter, I VAPORIZED 100 straight.
    Not quite, 3 weak hits that still broke and one light load that also broke.

I had tried the goggles before but they tended to steam up, I took a paper punch and made 6 vent holes across the top of the goggles. Cheeeeeeeep fix
    another addition to my shooting bag.

Vaporize Em,

Frank Fortyone

10. lostandout

lostandout Member

lc trap have you tried fish oil for your eyes .i had the same thing with mine i went to my eye doc and told her that my eyes watered a lot and was told to try 2000 mg of fish oil per day and it works. my eyes dont water at all even in high winds. worth a try

brian

11. Mark Stacklin

Mark Stacklin Member

I use a Remington wrap around set with 5 different lenses and I also shoot with one eye. The only thing I notice is if I do not have the glasses pushed back far enough then I will see the nose piece. I am not sure on the cost of these but I bet you could get a set and lots of new flats of sts's for $500.00!

12. lostandout

lostandout Member

frank

i had the same thing and it worked wonders for me. 2000 mg daily is what was recommended for me. i can say it was a week or two before i could tell it was starting to work now i have no trouble with my eyes watering

brian

Search tags for this page

pilla blinders for glasses

wrap around prescription shooting glasses

wrap around rx glasses clay shooting

wrap around shooting blinders

wrap around shooting glasses

wraparound pistol shooting glasses