1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wow, the Stock Market Loves Sequestration!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by crusha, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

And me too! I say we make it permanent!

I just cannot believe how well this worked. Everybody says they want compromise; but it would appear that the lack of it, has achieved what no compromise could do for decades - produce actual Federal budget cuts!

And the market goes wild.

Boy, it sure was easy to put the lie to all the dire predictions about what the Sequester would cause to happen.

Wasn't it?

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

ya because congress passed a "exemption" bill on them so they can do "insider" trading!!!!

You'd have to be watching FOX to of see the coverage of the story!

They have become so crooked, it doesn't shame them in the least!!!

Wonder how ole Martha S. feels about now!!!??

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

"Big Government is Not Good for the Economy."

Hmm. Ya think?

4. Straight50

Straight50 Member

HEY! Stop it! You guys know you are not allowed to post simple straight up stuff like this!

5. Straight50

Straight50 Member

HEY! Stop it! You guys know you are not allowed to post simple straight up stuff like this!

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The big question is did the magic trick work? FAA is loaded with pork, Army bigs do not want any more M1 Abrams tanks but they are still making them, Plenty of waste in the whole ugly mess.

But we have to close down the White House tours for school children.

They really think we are a nation of fools.

And they are right. Mostly uninformed wherever I go.

I like Jesse Watters' interviews with the deadheads.

HM

7. Gunnerx11

Gunnerx11 TS Member

A Major Revolt is needed and long overdue. Recall the Roman empire and its fall.
    This country has maybe ten years left.

Gunnerx

8. jimsw

jimsw Member

Don't forget the spending that was reduced was 2 1/2% of a 10% increase. All that happened was a decrease in the rate of new spending. How about sitting down and reducing the entire budget by 10%, it could be done. Anyone running their own business could do that instantly when the need arose.

Another crazy idea, how about everone paying some income tax, half of the people can't pay the whole bill forever. There really is very little hope, the whole thing is going to collapse as soon as interest rates rise and the government is going to be borrowing at 5-6% not less than 1% to 2%. This has to stop.

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Yep, I agree. Do I hear 10%?

10. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Maybe its the sequestration, but maybe not. Since the immediate effect of sequestration is reduced demand/economic activity and lower GDP numbers its doubtful the markets are overly excited near term. Especially since "long term" in Stock Market vernacular means from now until the next quarterly earnings report.

Or it could be the result of the Federal Reserve monetizing US debt at the rate of $85B per month which flows directly into increased bank reserves.

However businesses are not expanding(borrowing)in this uncertain economy, therefore banks are not loaning. The money has to go somewhere.

From the article in the link above:

[​IMG]

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I think you're right. "the money has to go somewhere". Despite the media's attempt to pump up the housing market, commercial real estate managers were burn't badly in 08', as were banks. Commodities are too uncertain for most investors.

That leaves the market. The money has to go somewhere, and 1% net in a bank doesn't cut it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.