1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wow! Lead sure is going down!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 3dram8, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Wow! Lead prices are sure dropping fast! I wonder if it's a temporary glitch or a lasting trend? ....Rick

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ratz. I just committed to 80 cents a pound for reclaimed shot. Maybe I can wait a little.

HM

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

The metals market is in a downward spiral right now. We're selling clean lead for 65 cents per pound but it's going to take time for the change to show up in shot shelf prices, as the current stuff has to get out of the supply chain first.

Ed

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Dollar is getting stronger.

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Dollar isn't getting stronger ... Euro is dropping like a lead sinker!

Most of Europe is in worse shape,financially, than we are!

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Ahab,,,,you have to give DC just a little more time...

7. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

No, we all have to give them more money....

8. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

headhunter - Actually the USA has to borrow some money from China so that we can give some money to Greece that is in trouble because they have borrowed too much money.

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

NO problem for me as I have plenty.

Oh, wait... No I have that wrong don't I....

10. trappypappy

trappypappy Member

Something is wrong with this picture!

You can buy New shells at Waleyworld for the same as it takes to reload them.

25# for $12.00 - Ever again????

I have paid less than that, but I don't want to tell my age!

Trappypappy

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Why? Do you load shi* shells? My reloads are equivalent to $8 a box premiums. I'm saving plenty of bucks!

12. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

Buying lead shot for $12.00/25# bag, I don't think that will ever happen again. It would be really nice but just a daydream.

However I do think lead will drop to the Mid $20's per bag of 25#. Don't forget the LME price is for raw lead. It still costs real money to turn it into good quality lead shot, bag it, store it, ship it and don't forget these companies have AMERICAN Workers to pay salaries and Benefits too.

So Like I said last year. When it hits $20.00 to $23.00/bag, buy a ton! I did and I'm still loading for $2.92 box with 1 1/8th oz. Why would I buy Wally World shells for $5-6.00/box?

Shoot safely, well and often,
    Tom

13. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Regarding the dollar, tripod is correct in relative terms. Ahab is correct in absolute terms.

With the Euro in the dumper, goods and services of it's member countries are on sale. At least for the moment, the dollar is temporarily one of the nicer homes in a ghastly neighborhood.

It's no secret that the world's nanny states (primarily the U.S. and western Europe) have grossly bloated debt. It's fueled by irresponsible central government politicians buying the votes of slackers via never ending "we'll give you money for doing nothing" programs. That debt is an enormous anchor on their economies which drag them all into the crapper sooner or later.

Another completely predictable result is that we'll see the economies and prosperity of the emerging market countries surge as capital and jobs continue to shift to places where it's put to productive use instead of subjected to confiscatory taxes.

At one time buy American meant something. Now it means "help a lib buy a slacker's vote".

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.