1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WOW...I WON 350K IN ATA LOTTERY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bgf, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgf

bgf Active Member

I got the following in my spam:

TRAPSHOOTERS 2011 Grand American - LOTTERY PROMO . Amateur Trapshooting Association 601 W. National Road Vandalia, Ohio 45377 937-108-4638 937-008-5472 (fax) Our Ref: UKFTI/C276/54/2011 Congratulations Your Email Have Won!!! Dear Winner, We officially congratulate you following the publication of results from the E-mail electronic ballot draws organized by Amateur Trapshooting Association in preparation for the 2012 Grand American Shooting games. This lottery promotions is also in collaboration with the 26th Annual Northeastern Grand hold on - Sept 13th - 18th Vandalia, Ohio Ata - . Payment of US$ 350,000.00 (Three fifty thousand United State Dollars only) has already been attached with your file reference number and deposited with our finance house awaiting confirmation from you. It is important to note that your prize winnings were released with the following particulars attached to your won email address. (ii) Email ticket number: M75420339000 (iii) Ref number: MFSTI/941JUD/2011. For validation and processing purpose ensure you include the following information's below. .Full Names: _________________________________ .Residential _________________________________ .Tel/(Mobile): Fax:________________________ .Nationality/Country: ________________________________ .Age/Sex:_____________________ .Occupation/Position: _________________________________ .Won Email Address: ___________________________________ You are to send the above information's by fax or email to the Claims processing Officer Mr John Norris,for confirmation. CLAIM CONFIRMATION/PROCESSING OFFICER: {Mr.Roger Flemming} 937-108-4638 937-008-5472 (fax) E-mail: trapshooterslotteryteam@yahoo.com Beneficiaries are advice to keep their lottery information's strictly confidential to avoid double claiming by some unscrupulous individual, as this may lead to out right cancellation if noticed by the paying bodies. Congratulations!!! Mrs.Connie Collier. The Promotions Manager. Amateur Trapshooting Association Lottery Team N.B: 1. All claims are nullified after (20) working days from today. 2. Your Ref number must be in all your mails with the claims Processing agent. 3. Do inform the claims officer of any change of names or addresses.Open 5 Working days 9am-6pm daily. Copyright TRAPSHOOTERS 2011 Grand American - LOTTERY PROMO Games. All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Guideline Do not reply to these messages and do not click their links,these messages were sent out with the intention to defraud you!

Can you believe the above? Am I the only one that has received this e-mail? If so, maybe I should send them the info...NOT, NOT, NOT.

Bernie

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I got it too,,,and I'm not even an ATA member LOL

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Damn it Bernie! They asked you to keep it secret. Now you have to worry about "some unscrupulous individual" trying to steal your prize. You already have a skeeter claiming he's the winner.

roflmao

Bob

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Nigerians or home-growm scammers?

5. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

My wife came into the living room and calmly said I had won a fortune from the ATA!

I said "Oh yeah, well you can have it!"

No response?

Danny

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

What is the return path on the email? It should have a domain name if so the provider can find out who's sent the email.

Bob Lawless

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Another instance of the need for a "search out and destroy" button on our keyboards!

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

I would "win" a nice hunk of change if I stopped shooting Trap.

Don Verna

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Now that's funny parody.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I forwarded this to Connie Collier at the ATA office. When I got mine.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

When did she say you'd get your payment, Gary?

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Do a properties on the email and post the IP Address(es).

It would be fun to trace these.

Whiz

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Have some fun with them. Create a new g-mail account with fake info and string them along. See what they try to get you to do.

14. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Without opening the message right click on the message header. THen click on view source. That wil show where the message orginated.
    Sonny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.