1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wow! I Got To Shoot Today...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by fssberson, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I got to shoot today and had a great time. Didn't have to win anything or "run them all". I have been injured and have been unable to lift my gun with my left arm. It really felt good to shoot again -- the smell of the powder, the recoil, the target breaking [shot a 48 -- I have been averaging 50's in league], the package just felt good. Took the time to tell shoot management what a nice time I had. No more complaining about target sets, wind, sun, glare, speakers... attititude is 90% of life. Wow - I got to shoot today! Fred

2. teleskier

teleskier Member

I wish more people had that philosophy Fred. Congratulations, you are a lucky man indeed. Mike

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

We, as trap shooters, really need to appreciate what we have. We get to "play" with our guns, shoot 'at' dynamic moving targets, interact with fancinating people, and be outdoors. We make up our own games, load our own shells, alter and repair our own guns, dress comfortably, and eat and drink with friends. Yet, so much of what is posted here is negative. Life is way to short to denigrate a great sport. Let's just go out and have some fun. Take the time to thank range management, thank all of the volunteer help, and when available pitch in and help out at the range. Fred

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Amen, brother!

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Fantastic news Fred ... any day on the range is better then ... then ... then ... well almost better than anything you can do with your clothes on. ;-))

I fully agree with you on everything except on one small point ... I really don't agree with your comment of "as trap shooters" and honestly think it might be better off as "as clay target shooters" since we all enjoy various clay target sports.

6. REDD04

REDD04 TS Member

Fred,

Thanks for reminding all of us to take time and smell the roses.

REDD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.