1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WOW!!!-Bore cleaner=========================

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by plabels466, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plabels466

plabels466 Member

This year I purchased 2 used pre 64 model 70s...... A 30-06, & a 270......Also a older Rem 308.......I cleaned them very throughly & fired several more rounds & cleaned them again with the following copper cleaners....Barnes-CR-10, Shooters Choice, Hoppe's, Montana Extreme, Birchwood Casey's, & Sweets.....Believe me these barrel were clean after using these products.......Yes I did also use brand new cleaning brushes......Browsing through Midway web sight, I saw some reviews about 'Wipe-Out' copper cleaner.......I cleaned the 3 above rifles again that were already just cleaned.......I still cannot believe all the blue/green extremly dirty patches that came out... They came out very dark blue then gradually got cleaner & finally after about 10/12 passes no more copper fouling.....Whew, what an expierence.....I just want to share this with all you great guys.....Have any of you tried this copper cleaner?????????????? Thanks................Pete

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>Never tried "Wipe-Out". Never had the need for anything but this stuff. Can say that if you have heavy copper fouling, KG-12 is considerably more active against copper than anything else on your list. It was developed for the Army to clean the bores of field artillery; it's not ammonia-based.

You could probably get much the same result by swabbing your bores with 10% janitorial ammonia (household ammonia is 3%). CAUTION!! Use 10% ammonium hydroxide outdoors!!

Keller

3. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Sweets is 28%

Be sure to oil up after

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Don't know where you got the 28% figure but I'm sitting here holding a bottle of Sweet"s 7.62 Bore Cleaner and it says that it's "non-acid with %5 ammonia".

You can make your own clone of Sweet's buy adding 2 oz. of Ivory White Dish Detergent to a quart of 10% janitorial ammonia from Ace Hardware. But I'm telling you...try using KG-12 in a bore you just cleaned with Sweet's and I think you'll see what I mean about it being the only stuff I ever needed.

I swab my bores a couple time with denatured alcohol after I use ammonia-based solvents in them and then oil them.

Keller

5. shrek

shrek Active Member

I use the patch out version of wipeout. it is good stuff

6. John55

John55 Active Member

Been using Wipe Out foam for several years and it's good stuff. Just recently tried Bore Tech Eliminator liquid and it is great. Takes the carbon layer off in the first patch or two and then eats the copper out within a few patches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.