1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wounded Warriors Program ???????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by idoc, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idoc

idoc Member

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/14/wounded-warrior-project-rejects-gun-talk-radio-appearance-because-of-shows-gun-content/

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

"Likewise, we gratefully accept donations from companies and individuals connected with the gun industry".

Of course they do......

4. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Sounds like they want their cake and to eat it too. They don't like guns or other weapons but they are happy to take the money that users and sellers of these products may give them. It looks like they are going the same way that resulted in Hunt of a Lifetime starting up after another group (who I will not name here) decided that granting terminally ill children's wishes for a hunting or shooting type wish was not what they wanted to give to these ill children.

Perhaps it is time for a alternative group doing the same worthwhile projects to help those who were wounded in service to our country, to form up that WILL be appreciative of the time, effort and money put up by gun owners, users, associated product manufacturers and sellers

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Some discussion of the percentage of "staff expenses" for the WW project is on shotgunworld.com, skeet subforum. Maybe someone could link that discussion here.

6. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Ok Guys....this is my favorite charity and I can guarantee you that the Wounded Warrior Project is not ani-gun. Do a little internet research and you'll find that out. This charity does more for our Veterans that have been wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan than any other. Please research before condemnation.

blade819

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Wounded Warrior redux: WWP now ‘Clarifying our approach’

Some may call it a scramble for damage control, others may portray it as a “clarification” of what became a massive misunderstanding.

----------

Good afternoon Ms. Dovey,

Leslie Coleman forwarded me your email. Thanks so much for reaching out to Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) and for providing an opportunity to clarify matters.

Let me start off by saying that we have seen through this process that the language on our website and our response to Mr. Gresham wasn’t clear and we are working on clarifying our approach. There is now much inaccurate information about WWP being anti-gun rights, an issue as an apolitical organization we do not take a stance on. We understand and appreciate that many of our Alumni are gun owners and we facilitate multiple hunting and outdoor opportunities for our Wounded Warriors throughout the year.

In the past, we made our logo available to appear on wide variety of products, including guns. As an organization, we owe it to our donors and constituents to maximize the return on investment of our dollars and brand. We are always looking at our business practices and whether we should continue with them in the future. In the case of cobranding, we've decided that we're not going to offer our logo to appear on weapons anymore - whether they're guns, knives, bows, swords, or any other type of weapon. There are still a few of the guns around for sale that had licensed our logo years ago, but there aren't any new ones being made. This is purely a business decision based on a review of a return on investment, especially when compared with other types of cobranding ventures.

Regarding the question of donations and events, we do permit fundraisers that are shooting- and gun-related, such as gun raffles, shooting competitions, etc., and we're incredibly appreciative of those who are willing to give their time to host or participate in an event. Likewise, we gratefully accept donations from companies and individuals connected with the gun industry.

As indicated above, we know that hunting and shooting sporting events can be very therapeutic for many of the Wounded Warriors we serve, and we're happy to work with the community to make these types of events available to our Alumni. Hunting and shooting sport enthusiasts are an incredibly supportive and generous community, and we've been honored by how often folks have opened their land and homes, and volunteered their time to make these types of events possible for our Alumni. We certainly regret the appearance of a lack of appreciation for the support the community has given us based on a confusingly communicated business decision.

I hope the above provides some clarity. We welcome the opportunity to have a warrior on Mr. Gresham’s show to discuss how hunting or events of the like have supported their recovery. We responded too quickly to his request and should have delved a bit deeper.

Thanks so much and please feel free to call me with any questions.

AYLA HAY

communications evp

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

but, don't stick our decal on your guns.....

9. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

"This is purely a business decision based on a review of a return on investment, especially when compared with other types of cobranding ventures"

Huh?!

Sounds like corporate speak for: If we co-brand with firearms, other deeper pocket/anti gun organizations will not allow us to co-brand with their products. And we will lose more revenue than we gain.

Apparently they view association with firearms as a negative ROI opportunity.

After all, how much can a decal cost?

10. blade819

Ok........let's not contribute to take care of our wounded because you can't stick a decal on your gun. Makes sense!

blade819

11. eightbore

I can see that none of you read the information from the shotgunworld.com posts. Two hundred thousand dollar salaries and 20% of gross or less to the "cause". More of the same like every other charity.

12. WillBill

WillBill Member

Maybe they should edit their logo and remove the weapon from it just to be consistent!

I no longer feel comfortable supporting that organization, not with their initial use of the firearms industry to get their message/logo popularized and cashing in on it. I will find other ways to support our disabled warriors, such as the Paralympic Shooting Program offered by USA Shooting. I am a volunteer coach for the Para program at USAS and assist/train/coach disabled military and civilian shooters. We welcome all military and civilian amputee, wheelchair, and other disabled shooters and offer them training in rifle and pistol shooting sports, with the hope of preparing them for a lifetime of enjoyment in the shooting sports. This year, two US Army shooters, one active duty (Josh Olsen) and one retired (Eric Hollen), participated in the 2012 Paralympic Games in London. We want to have even more Paralympians in 2016.

To help disabled veterans in this shooting program and see your tax deductible contributions support a firearm friendly cause, send contributions to:
    USA Shooting
    1 Olympic Plaza
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Attention Bob Foth

Checks payable to USA Shooting and on Memo line write Para Shooting

See: usashooting.org

13. 5 Stand Dan

5 Stand Dan Active Member

Their objective is to help wounded warriors, period. Don't judge them in a harsh way if they choose to ride the fence on guns. They don't want to alienate half of the potential donors, it's just business.

14. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Here is another way of looking at the problem.

Who is a "Wounded Warrior"? Some one who has fought for this country, taken a OATH to uphold the Constitution of the USA from both "Foreign or Domestic" and has given something of themselves most of us HAVEN'T.

What is The Second Amendment, but a PART of that Document!

If your going to HONOR these wounded, YOU had been be prepared to STAND for what THEY fought for!!! Enough Said.

Wounded Warriors should have at least been able to say We hold to the Constitution which these men and women suffered for, or a simple YES to the Second Amendment question!

People are such pansies now days about standing up and saying YES I BELIEVE IN THIS(whatever issue)AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TOUGH!! TAKE A HIKE!!!

15. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

When I was setting up my will, (we have no heirs) one of the prime criteria was the efficiency of the organization--we intended to give to the Wounded Warrior Project, they didn't pass muster.

Phil Berkowitz

16. eightbore

I don't understand the chart. I would rather see an annual report with salaries listed.

17. blade819

You guys are Idiots! I cannot believe that some here want to slam WWP who takes care of our returning wounded Veterans. What Americans!!!!

4.4% Administrative, 12.8% Fundraising, 82.8% Program

blade819 (a WWP Supporter)

18. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"You guys are Idiots!"

No, the only idiot is YOU, if you think for one minute those of us to "give" to charity's don't have the right to question their "financials" no matter WHO they are or claim to be!!

If They can't stand up and answer a simple question put to them YES we have the right to "Call" them on it!!!

19. blade819

timberfaller...you in particular are an idiot! Only a Right Wing Nut would not contribute a penney to a charity who takes care of our wounded Veterans because the charity may refuse to address GUNS on a radio talk show or put an NRA sticker on their website. Only an idiot would condem an organization for siphoning funds without looking into the facts and discovering right on their homepage that 82.2 percent goes to the Veterans. That's real frickin COLD and hateful. That's ok, I'll contribute twice as much next quarter in the name of timberfaller and the other hate nuts on TS.com.

blade819

20. eightbore

I still don't understand the chart or the financials. I would just like a clearer look. I like the Bender Shima system. Put them on a bus, take them out to shoot and eat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.