1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wounded Warrior Skeet Clinic at PG T&SC in Marylan

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Baron23, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I know this is a skeet related topic and beg your indulgence as its not really about skeet as much as it is helping our wounded military members at Walter Reed and Bethesda Naval Hospitals.

On April 20th, we are again holdingthe Wounded Warrior skeet clinic at Prince Georges Trap and Skeet Center in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC.

What we do is bring wounded soldiers recovering at Walter Reed and Bethesda Naval Hospital out to PG T&SC where they are provided a FREE all day shooting clinic from Todd Bender and John Shima along with a cook out for lunch. Everything needed for this activity has to be provided out of sponsorship. This is a free fun activity to those who have suffered so much on our behalf and provides these soldiers a much needed and appreciated opportunity to get away from a military and hospital environment and breath the fresh, free, outdoor air that most of us take for granted.

I know that most shooters seem to identify solidly with our armed forces and deeply appreciate their sacrifices, perhaps appreciate it more than the US population at large. Many have expressed a desire to do something for these, the best and bravest of, our sons and daughters. Well, let me offer you a small way to help, if you would like.

We need sponsors for the ammunition for this event. If you would like to help;

- Call PG T&SC at (301) 577-7178
    - Purchase a flat of Rem 12 Ga, 1 1/8 oz, #9 ammunition at a cost of $66/flat
    - Tell them to hold it for Stephen Meyers (me) and the 20 April 09 Bender/Shima Wounded Warrior Skeet Clinic.

If the counter person has any questions about this, tell them to speak to the facility manager (Mark Biggins) or the assistant manager (Sun Chen).

If you do decide to help us, please drop me an e-mail (s.l.meyersXXX@comcastXXX.com....remove the XX's) after ordering your donation so that I can keep track of how much we have collected vs our need. We would like to raise between 10-15 flats of ammo.

Todd and John provide their services for free, PG T&SC provides the fields for free, Phil Murray and the wonderful folks at White Flyer provide the targets for free, local folks donate the guns, food and drink, and take the day off of work to provide the strong backs and hands needed. But this year we need a little help with the ammo.

I know its tough times out there and many who might want to just cannot find room in their budget for donation. We understand. But for the many of us who are still fortunate enough to have our health, some degree of financial well being, and our freedom.....please consider helping us to help some of those who were so grievously wounded in the name of our common defense.

Please e-mail me (remove the XX's) with any questions you may have.

Thank you

Stephen "Baron 23" Meyers

2. Baron23

TTT for the guys and gals in uniform.

3. Baron23

TTT...promise, only this one more time.

If this does not appeal to anyone on this bump...I will let it go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.